Chapter four!

Trigger Warning!!!!!!!!

This chapter will contain graphic self-harm, morbid terms, and just plain creepiness. On that note, ENJOY! :)

It was pitch black, Nico could see nothing besides the never ending walls. The hallway went on forever, he was sure of it, but he kept walking. His feet were sore, with every step, searing pain followed, but he kept walking. There were voices, whispering to him, telling him he was worthless, disgusting, weak, and a thousand other hurtful things, but he kept walking.

"Percy..." the dazed boy mumbled quietly, hugging himself as he continued on his seemingly endless journey. His eyes, which only moments ago gleamed with shining gold, were now reduced back to its hazy, unfocused grey.

He stumbled, no longer able to keep himself on his feet. He colapsed to the ground, panting and shivering, his hair sticking to his face with a thick coat of sweat. He let go of himself, slowly lifting his hands in front of him, a look of horror shown on his face.

As he stared at his hands, he remembered all of the cruil acts the hands have partaken in. The slauter, the punishing, the stupid mistakes, all of it. He saw in his mind, his old crush on Percy, his cousin, it sickened him. He hated himself, he needed to be punished.

The son of Hades reached inside his back pocket, praying to whoever would listen that it would be there. It was. He pulled the pocket knife out to his arm, rolling up his sleave, and pressed down hard.

The pain was almost unbearable, but he disurved it. He needed the pain, needed the hurt, so that it would distract him from his heart, that hurt a million times worse.

It wasn't enough. He dragged the sharp metal across his flesh, watching as it separated and oozed crimson. Then, he lifted it, and brought it back to his arm. He dragged the blade agonizingly slow, creating a pool of blood at his knees.

Then, he put it away, staring at his masterpiece. "Worthless", it read. A smile spread across his face, a smile that wouldn't be found on anyone sane.

=*=

"Where are we?"

The group looked around. They stood in a dark, narrow hallway that didn't seem to have an end. Piper held onto Jason's arm with a vise-like grip, as did Annabeth to Percy, and Hazel to Frank. Leo, being as smart as he was, lit his hand, moving it away from his cramped friends, as to avoid any accidental fires; he really didn't need another one of those.

"Thanks Leo," Percy smiled, removing his girlfriend's hand from his now bruised arm and placing it in his hand instead. Leo nodded his head. "So... Does anyone know where we are?"

"I think we're in Nico's mind." Annabeth guessed, shrugging her shoulders. She got out her dagger with one hand, still holding hands with Percy. "We should be ready for anything. That kid said Nico's mind could be dangerous."

No one argued with her, all drawing their weapons. They walked carefully, unaware of their surroundings. Hazel kept one hand on the wall, staying close to the group. Suddenly, a laugh that could only be discriped as evil ecoed throughout the infinant hallway. The demigods shivered uncoumfortably, raising their weapons higher.

"Who's there!?" Jason demanded.

A figure appeared out of no where. His pale skin contrasted with his pitch black hair and eyes. He wore Greek armor, as black as night, with a breastplate that seemed to move. A sickening feeling of de ja vu swept over both Percy and Annabeth, as they were reminded of the breastplate that Tarturus himself wore, with condemned souls suffering for all eternity, swearling around in the metal. This man's breastplate was almost identical.

A wide smirk spread across the figure's face. "Do you like my armor Percy? Annabeth?" he asked, gesturing to the metal, showing off in a regal manner. "I saw it on Tarturus once, and I just had to have my own."

"Nico..." Percy was shocked. Could this really be Nico? Sure, he was dark and kind of sketchy looking, but he didn't radiate pure evil, like he did now.

Nico laughed loudly, as if the son of the Sea God had said the funniest joke on the planet. "I'm not Nico, I'm his worst fear."

"Not true!" Called an identical voice. Nico - not Nico, his fear - rolled his eyes and stepped aside. Shadows were pulled off the walls into the spot that the manefestation of Nico's fear had once been. The shadows morfed together, creating another Nico, who wore a black Roman toga over a dark t-shirt. His eyes were as dark as Tarturus itself, and Percy felt as if it were about to suck him in any minute. His smile was cruil, unforgiving, without mercy.

The new Nico-look-a-like placed his hands on his hips in a confident manner, not at all like Nico.

"I am Nico's worst fear. I am the version of himself that has his sister's blood on his hands." At this boast, Hazel went wide eyed.

"Well I'm the version that distroys both camps! Killing everyone he loves! Including his sister!" The two began to argue about who was Nico's biggest fear, hollering to and fro about what they do that the son of Hades fears most.

"Well I'm the one who tortures him now!" The Roman Nico grinned triumphantly. Suddenly, they both halted in their fight. The Greek Nico pulled off a piece of armor on his right arm, while the Roman just grabbed his right arm and stared. They both smirked evilly.

"Look at what your friend does to himself. Look at what he thinks he is." They showed their arms to the demigods, who all felt they needed to vomit at the sight before them.

Their arms looked like they were carved by knives, blood dripped quickly from the wounds, though, both Nicos didn't seem to be fazed by it. The slashes in the skin formed words, morbidly imprinted in flesh. Hazel broke down, sobbing against Frank, who stared in mind numbing shock.

Percy couldn't believe it. There, in deep red, was one word. One word that made him feel like he was punched in the gut. For as long as he lived, he would hate that word, swearing never to use it ever again.

"Worthless"

=*=

Not gonna lie, I almost cried writing this. I love Nico sooooooo much!!!!!!!! and thank you MissMythoMagic, I loved your comment so much!!!!!!!!!! It really makes me happy when people encourage others, and, my gosh you're going to make me blush! tee hee! :P

But so yeah um.... please continue to read this story!

Comment!!!!!!! I love those!!!!

Follow me!!!!!!! I love seeing new followers on my page (and, having an advantage of being home schooled, my mom counts it as school if I write a good story and get more followers!!!!!! woo!!!!!)

Vote!!!!! Por favor (Please, idk how to spell stuff in Spanish lol)

Love you all!!!!

Hay-hay~