Chapter Twenty-One

Mike's POV

My heart stops and the blood drains from my face. My sweet little El and my Best Friend are in the lab. The lab where my El was abused mentally, physically and emotionally for years. I couldn't even imagine what they were feeling. Yet, at the same time, they did kind of deserve it. El was the one who cheated. Will kissed her even though he knew she was mine. If they hadn't done that, they wouldn't have been in the woods. Wouldn't have been captured. Then I wouldn't be in emotional turmoil, sad, angry, confused, hurt.... All the different emotions swirled around in my brain each one creating a different train of thought. It was enough to give me a huge migraine.

Fourteen steps into my line of vision, and snaps me out of my thoughts. "We..go rescue them?" She asks innocently

"Yes....we'll go rescue them." I say making up my mind. I may be upset but they were still extremely important to me. I wouldn't lose them now.

El's POV

Drained. Powerless. Tired. Hurting.

I couldn't even think straight. Papa should be dead. I'd taken him out more than once, yet he was still here. His nose, eyes and ears were bleeding yet he was still standing.

Suddenly I hit a wall. I couldn't use any more power on him. All of it was gone. I felt around for something in my mind. Even a glimmer of power. There was nothing. I was empty. The world tilted, I hit the floor and saw no more.

Will's POV

"El!" I scream my voice hoarse. I yank my arms from the grip of the man who'd grabbed me and kneel next to her. I check for a pulse and listen to her heart. It was beating but it was slow, sluggish and off-beat. She was alive for the moment but that could change at any second.

My head started to hurt and my vision went fuzzy. Why was the world spinning? Someone needed to find out. Then my vision went black and I was gone.

El's POV

I don't know how much time had passed but I finally wake again. I'm locked into one of the lab's many cells. I hear uneven breathing beside me. Will! I crawl over to him. I put a hand on him and he groans waking up. I sigh in relief. We're both okay. "Will?" I ask softly.

"El? El!?" He exclaims. "Yes, Will it's me." I tell him.

He relaxes then tenses again. "What do we do El?" I ask her "How do we get out?"

"I don't know." She says. "I don't know."