Chapter Nineteen

Will's POV

"No. I don't accept this! No. Let us go!" My voice already is hoarse from screaming. This is so not how I planned to spend my day. Locked up in a tiny, concrete room. The only light coming from a small window, high above my head. I'd woke up just mere minutes ago, after being knocked unconscious from whatever was on that rag. El isn't with me. I have no idea where she is, honestly. I've managed to gather enough information to figure out that we were taken to Hawkins lab. That scares me, badly. I know El has history here, and that she was likely freaking out. And with no way to contact her, we're probably stuck here until someone came for us.

The door opens suddenly, and a flood of bright light pours in. Momentarily blinded, it takes me a second to realize what's happening. By that time, large calloused hands are already wrapped around my arms. Hauling me away. It had taken until then for me to realize that I'm no longer in my normal clothes. No, I'm now in a hospital gown, with what feels like tight, revealing swimtrunks on under. This cannot be good. Struggling does no good. The two men holding me are like brick walls, and they're practically carrying me between them.

It doesn't take me long to realize when we'd gone around the same hallways, and up and down the same staircases multiple times. Their attempt to confuse me I suppose. Idiots. It's just getting me more familiar with the place. Allowing me to mark all possible escape routs. Finally, we turn into another hallway and enter a huge room. In the middle of it, a giant tank of water. And on the other side of the room..is El. Looking so pale, and frightened I'm surprised she's even conscious. The guards release their iron grip on me, and I rush to her. Throwing my arms around her in a bone-crushing hug.

El's POV

No. No. No. No. No. No The single word chants through my brain in denial. I can't be back. I can't be back at the lab. No. No. NO. This is the place I have nightmares about every night. It haunts my every move. Even the smallest of things can trigger memories. Water, animals, words. Anything. Now I'm back. And in front of me is the worst part of it. The bath. The place where I first triggered the Demogorgon, and set everything in motion. The outfit I'm currently in, a suit that hugs my body, gives away all their plans. I'm going in the bath.

Suddenly, the door opens and Will is there. Two of Papa's best men carrying him. He is released, and instantly rushes to me. Enveloping me in a hug that knocks the wind out of my lungs. I don't care though. Gripping him as hard as I can, and breathing in the sweet scent of him. I'm back with my friend, and that's all that matters. "I love you." I murmur to him. "Not in that way, but as a friend." Will pulls back just enough to look me in the eyes, before planting a kiss on my cheek. Not romantic, but friendly. I know we're both afraid. Taking a deep breath, I start to say something else, but I'm cut off by the door opening again. Standing in the doorway, is Papa.

Mike's POV

I'm in a shell that won't be breaking anytime soon. It's like being in a coma, but I'm awake. My beautiful, loyal girlfriend cheated on me. With my Best Friend, and now they're missing. My life is going to hell. The only light I have is Fourteen. She is so like El, but yet not. She seems to know more than El did, as if she hadn't been there for her whole life. She isn't as scared either. She is still nervous though. And also a bit jumpy, but compared to El she's very confident. That's the problem though. She isn't El. I don't know what I'll do if I see El again. I don't think I'll ever look at her the same way again. Although...no I wouldn't consider that possibility. El had to know kissing someone else was cheating.

I'm snapped out of my daze by Fourteen coming up behind me, and putting her hand on my back. With that, my control slips and tears come like a waterfall. Fourteen, seems unsure of what to do. She just stands there with her hand on my back, rubbing circles. I cry until my eyes feel like all the moisture had been sucked out of them, and even after that it takes all my self control to stop. Four crouches down next to me, and murmurs softly, "It'll be okay Mike. Things will get better soon. It'll all be alright." Turning around, and burying my face into her shoulder, holding her tight, I start praying that she's right.
Fourteens POV
I don't understand why Mike is crying, but I do understand that he needs support, and that he's hurting very badly. Not exactly sure what to do in this situation, I start rubbing circles on his back, hoping it'll comfort him. Mike is a very special person. I feel it. There's something very unique bubbling just under the surface. I just need to figure out what it is, and how to get it to surface.

Author's Note
Hey everyone :) I'm finally back. I'm so sorry I was gone. Really truly sorry. It killed me everyday, but I'm back now! Any suggestions for the story comment down below. Bye!
P.S. Thank you SO Much for 19K. That blows my mind so, so much. I will never be able to thank you enough