Chapter Twelve

El's POV

I'm completely frozen. Every muscle, vein, artery...completely frozen. Hundreds of memories come crashing down on me all at once. I want to run. To flee, and never return. I'll never forget his face for as long as I live. Nor will I ever forget what he did to me, and countless others. He had nearly destroyed my brain with his "experiments." He had delved so deep into my mind. I'm probably lucky to be alive. The brain should not be forced and pushed so far you bleed. It isn't natural.

The terror in my body as my eyes connect with his can't be explained.

Your parents are supposed to care for you. Nurture, and care for you. Scold you when needed, so you become a decent person.

Never should they try and reach into the deepest depths of your mind, to arise powers that shouldn't be there.

Yes, I'm glad I have them, because otherwise the boys and I would all most likely be dead, but I still can't help hating them.

Feeling Mike squeeze my hand, I unthaw slightly. Mike! I turn my head and my eyes lock with his. Turning around we bike away faster than I thought could be possible. The other boys are close behind.

Saying a silent prayer I squeeze Mike tighter. Hearing the roar of an engine behind us, I know we'll never make it back home. It's just like deja vu.

We turn onto the main road. Mike speeds up even more.

It's definitely deja vu I think to myself when another van appears in front of us.

We're coming up to a four way intersection, and there are vans coming from every side.

I didn't think it was humanly possible to experience fear like this. I knew I couldn't flip the van this time. It was coming up too fast, and we'd be crushed between the other two.

I was on the verge of telling Mike to stop, when he turns suddenly onto a trail on the side of the road I didn't notice before.

Hearing a crash from behind us, that shook the streets, I knew we were safe.

I couldn't help it. I start balling right then and there.

Hearing me, Mike comes to a stop. Lucas, Dustin, and Will stop as well.

We all climb off the bikes, and do a group hug.

After letting go, they all look at me. I'm still crying very hard.

I can't help it. I'm still shaking from fear.

Mike comes over, and wraps his arms around me. "It's okay El. You're alright. I won't let the bad men get you." He soothes me gently.

Slowly my breathing returns to normal, and my tears stop flowing.

It doesn't last long though.

Hearing a stick crack behind us, we all turn.

What's behind us makes me scream in terror.

Mike takes one of my hands, and Will takes the other. Within a few seconds we're all holding hands, and backing away slowly.

Turning in a complete circle, we look around.
We start off at a run, before coming to a halt.
It's too late. We're completely surrounded. There's no escaping this time.

The bad men are going to get us.

A/N

Hey everyone :) Filler, but intense, and a cliffhanger! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Also, do you like El's POV? Stay tuned for more!

P.S. I want to give everyone a HUGE thank you. We're currently over 9k reads, and it absolutely blows me away. I want to give every single one of you a huge thank you. I'm just a small town, country girl with huge dreams. I'm not even an experienced writer. My plot is undeveloped, my style is very simple, there are lots of mistakes, most chapters are quite short, but yet you all still choose to support me, I'm so overwhelmed with gratitude for all the encouragement and kind words. Just thank you all around.

Okay, I'll quit rambling now haha! Bye!