Chapter Fifteen

Mike's POV

1 Day Later

We've survived another night. Another day. All of us are on edge. With that said, I'm starting to become extremely annoyed with Will. I still keep catching him staring at El, his eyes sliding from her eyes to her mouth. I tolerated it at first, hoping it would pass, but now it's becoming too much. El is my girl, not his. She chose me. Though, he wasn't around when we found her, due to his being in the Upside Down.

Finally, I make up my mind. I'm going to talk to Will. This might not end well, but it's necessary. Besides, now is as good a time as ever, especially since it's just him, El, and I at my house right now.

Gathering my courage, I look over at Will, to see he's staring at El again.

Anger bubbles inside me so fast, I feel like a volcano about to erupt. There are so many angry, hateful, jealous thoughts going through my head, that I can't even think straight.

Will notices my gaze, and pales. "We need to talk. Now." I glare at him, straight in his eyes. They widen even more, and he chokes out "O-okay." before getting up and following me upstairs. El gets up to follow, but she sits back down when I mouth "hold on" at her.

Will and I enter my room. Shutting the door behind us, I turn and glare at him again, before telling him, "Will, I've been patient with you, and haven't said anything, but this needs to end. Now. Enough is enough. El is mine, not yours. So, get over your stupid crush on her, and back off." Panting, I give him my best death glare.

He goes pale again. "Yeah, Mike? Well, news flash, not everybody can get a girl as easy as you. I'm just lonely, and El is irresistible. I understand why you're so possessive, but back off. Maybe you should pay more attention to your friends, instead of only worrying about El all the time. We're all scared Mike, and we all love El, but not everything is always about you."

It's like a slap in the face to me. The words hurt, but I'm too angry to care. Will just betrayed me. My best friend basically just said he won't get over MY girlfriend, and that I was being selfish. I know that I'm acting childish, but at this point I just don't care.

Will's POV

Regret fills me as soon as the words are out of my mouth. The hurt in Mike's eyes is evident. I just betrayed him, and broke every friendship code out there. Mike may have drawn first blood, but I feel like I did. "I'm so sorry, Mike. I didn't mean it I swear. I promise to get over her." I sob, and hold out a hand in apology. Realization hits me that it's too late, when Mike turns his eyes on me, and the only thing in his expression is anger, and hurt. No sign of forgiveness. No sign of the normal, easygoing Mike. It's too late, and I may have just destroyed everything between my best friend and I. Turning around, I throw open his door, and dash out of the house. Mike calls my name, and I sense him behind me, but I just keep running.

A/N

Wow. This chapter is so sad and intense :'( I'm honestly about to cry. What do you think will happen? Are Mike and Will going to be okay? I hope so! Anyway, comment any suggestions! Also, if you have any questions, comment them as I will be doing a Q and A type thing soon. Bye!