Chapter 5: mate

Raven p.o.v

I heard fast approaching foot steps. I ran and hid behind Brody as I saw a figure come to the door of our cell.

"Open this cell."

A strong, smooth, and deep voice spoke.

"Yes alpha."

A guard spoke and I heard our door open. Brody was pushed aside by the alpha.

The alpha had short brown hair and brown eyes. He had a strong jawline and full lips. His scent of Strawberrys and watermelon filled my nose.

"Mate."

The alpha whispered and I took a step back.

'Go to mate! Please!'

Light begged me in my head. I sighed as I knew it hurt her. We were the best of friends.

'I can't Rember what happened last time we got close to an alpha.'

I tell her and she whimpers.

'Please! He won't hurt us! Mate won't hurt us.'

She begged me but I only blocked her out. My mate looked hurt and I hate that.

"Mate."

My mate begged me and light began to fight for control. I couldn't keep her the whole way down so we were fighting for control.

'Mate I'm sorry'

Light said but I regained control.

"Leave me al-"

I tried to say but light regained control.

'Don't listen to her. Please he-'

I took control before she could continue.

"I don't wa-"

I was yet again taken from light.

'Help me please. Raven is getting weaker and we-'

I regained control for the last time as I backed myself up against the wall. My mate kneeled in front of me as I sat on the ground with my head in my hands.

"Mate, please just give into your wolf. Give into me."

My mate said and light took control. I was too weak to take back control. So I fell asleep as light had full control.

Kaden P.O.V

I watched in pain as my mate fought with her wolf. Her eyes went from a gorgeous green to a stunning gold.

She backed herself up into the corner on the floor. Her head was in her hands and she was shaking her head.

She looked up at me and her eyes were gold.

"Mate."

Her wolf said and it caused mine to purr.

"I apologize for my humans behavior."

She said as she stood and wiped the dust off her pants. The boy in the cell was shocked, as was luke and the guards.

"What are your names?"

I asked her and she smiled.

"My human is Raven and I'm light."

She said as I took her hand. I kissed the back and a blush covered her cheeks.

"Well I am kaden. Alpha kaden."

I tell her as I pull her into a hug. I've wanted a mate to love and to hold. And now that I've got one, only her wolf wants me.

"Why is mate sad?"

Light asked as she looked into my eyes.

"Let's go somewhere privet."

I tell her and her eyes begin to flash green and gold again. I pull her into my arms, in hope that raven will give in to the mate bond.

Raven P.O.V

I finally got control again and I was in my mates arms. The sparks flew off him and into me. Light was making it near impossible to resist him.

'Give in Raven. Just give into the mate bond. Let him love us. Let him hold us. Rember when we were a young teen? We would often fail tests because we were imagining what our mate would be like during the lessons.'

Light tried to convince but failed. I just pushed away from my mate and glared at him.

"Raven."

My mate said. He sounded hurt. I hated it that I hated that.

"Raven please come with me."

He said as he held his hand out.

"Raven go. Go with your mate. We will be fine."

Brody said and everyone nodded. I reluctantly took his hand in mine. He smiled as he lead me out of the cell.

"There, see was that so hard."

Kaden said and I glared at him. He sighed and began to lead me up the stairs. I took one last look at my family before I pulled my hand away from his.

"What is it raven?"

He asked as he turned around. He had worry in his eyes and voice.

"Let my family go."

I tell him and he looks back at the cells.

"Relise them."

He ordered and the guards opened everyone's cell. Kaden then lead me out while the guards dealer with an angry Josh.

I was lead to a bedroom. This bedroom had a grey bed with lots of fluffy pillows and blankets that were also grey. The walls were a light grey and the carpet was a light brown. There were 2 dark leather couches over in the right corner with a wooden coffee table between them. There was a flat-screen TV across the room from the bed. Next to the bed there were nightstands on either side and a bench at the foot of the bed. There was one huge walk in closet and one large bathroom.

"What is it you wish to talk about?"

I snap at him as we sit on the bench at the foot of the bed. He tried to take my hands in his but I pulled them away. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Why won't you give into the mate bond?"

He asked me and I stiffened. No one knew what happened. Was I ready to tell my mate.