XV

* THANK YOU FOR 400 READS *

*5 days later*

Arena hit send and brushed her now orange hair out of her face. "Now we wait," muttered Arena as she stood up from her desk and closed the laptop.

The past week had been school and practice and practice and school with almost every other free moment spent working on the audition tape choreography. Arena had stayed up late into the night on 5 nights out of 5. Which meant that she had not gotten much sleep.

Arena picked up her phone from the nightstand by her bed as she left the room and shut the door behind her with a loud BANG.

"Hello?" Arena's voice didn't waver as she answered the ringing of her phone from halfway down the stairs.

"Did you do it?"

"Why does it sound like you're asking me if I've buried the body?" Arena chuckled as she tugged open her fridge, searching for a bottle of water.

"Did you just chuckle?"

"Nope." Arena's eyes scanned the shelves, grabbing a bottle from the lowest one.

"Could've sworn I heard...nevermind, what body?"

"Naha."

"Ugh you are so difficult these days."

"Careful." Arena took a seat at the kitchen table, opening her bottle and taking a sip. When she was met with silence on Naha's end of the phone, Arena set down her bottle and switched the hand she was holding her phone with.

"The tape. That's why you called right?"

"Yes," Naha's voice was quiet but laced with something more, "so did you send it in?"

"Yeah I did."

***

Kihyun stared straight at Ms. Park.

"Have you talked to her?" Ms. Park sat at her desk and filed through some papers, not lifting her eyes at Kihyun as she spoke.

Kihyun shook his head, "No I haven't." He crossed his arms over his chest and shifted his weight onto his left side. The reason he hadn't talked to Arena was simple. 

There had been no time. 

Okay and the members' phones had been taken away so they would focus on their music, they were writing and producing new songs at the moment. All 7 of them.

Ms. Park nodded her head. "We received her audition just now, we're going to look it over at the meeting in a few hours." Her light brown eyes met Kihyun's own dark brown ones. 

"She's a talented kid, I'm sure she'll do well."

Kihyun scratched his neck, "She isn't exactly a kid anymore," he remembered what Arena had said to him at the hotel.

I'm turning 18 in a few weeks.

Kihyun's own birthday was next week, he wondered if Arena's birthday was close to his.