II

Arena drove in her dark grey Kia Optima for about 20 minutes before she arrived at her house. She loved the neighbourhood. Houses next to each other, yards full of flowers and trees. The typical neighbourhood. Leaves from trees were almost gone with the chilly November climate but everything still looked beautiful. Imagine the kind of neighbourhood The Simpsons lived in. Yeah. Arena's house was located in one of those.

Snow hadn't started falling yet. It was only the start of November. Which also meant that Halloween was over. Arena's favorite holiday.

Some of the decorations were still up, which made Arena very, very happy.

She got out of her car the second her phone beeped. She saw Naha's message and chatted with her a minute.

She shook her head holding back her laugh and turned back to lock her car

She shook her head holding back her laugh and turned back to lock her car. Twinkly lights were still up on her porch and looking at them made Arena smile. Anyone who didn't like Halloween, couldn't be trusted.

"I'M HOME!" yelled Arena as she stepped through the front door and kicked off her combat boots. She went straight to the kitchen and found her mom standing by the stove cooking. "Hi, sweetie" said Arena's mom and Arena kissed her on the cheek.

"What are you making?" Asked Arena and sat halfway down at the kitchen table.

"Lasagna"

"Vegetarian?" Arena had been a vegetarian now for 3 years.

Her mom nodded and Arena smiled, "Naha is going to be here in a few minutes". She rose from the table and ran up the stairs to her room.

Entering Arena's room you would never guess that she was a 17 (soon to be 18) year old. The walls were light purple and her curtains were floral. But she liked her room and that's what mattered the most.

Throwing her handbag onto her bed, Arena opened her closet. The tickets and VIP Fan Meeting passes were lying on her desk, in an envelope.

She stood thinking with her closet doors open for about 5 minutes and then decided for black skinny ripped jeans, a burgundy red top, leather jacket and some red converse. Arena got dressed and to be honest, looked quite decent.

Soon enough she could hear her mom opening the front door and a cheerful voice downstairs. Arena smiled and climbed down the stairs to greet her best friend.

Naha and Arena first met in the first year of middle school. Both of them had come from foreign countries and could barely even speak English. But somehow they bonded and now they were basically inseparable.