XIV

Arena looked into the strikingly blue eyes of one of her coaches and went over everything one more time in her head.

It had been 3 days since she got that life-changing email and phone call. So today was Thursday. And Arena wasn't at work because she (+ Naha as her supporter 4 lyfe) decided it would be good to take a break from work as long as she was done dealing with the auditioning tape and everything that came along with it.

You can imagine how ''happy'' Arena's doctor had been when Arena asked for advice about training with her somewhat cracked rib. She had gotten a handful of scolding for that one. But hey ho that wasn't going to stop her.

Arena was also studying extra Korean with Naha, when she had the chance. Naha had also taken it upon her very self to teach her friend some Japanese basics too. 

Arena's coah smiled and that pulled Arena back to the real world, out of her train of thoughts. Her coah was a little bit shorter than Arena herself, skinny but toned and rocking a purple pixie cut. Her vibrant blue eyes sparkled in the dance studio lighting.

"So you want to use one of the studio rooms for your audition?" She was holding a notepad and was taking notes to discuss with the head of the studio.

"Okay, well as far as I know then studio rooms 3 and 4 are free on the weekends but I'm going to have to check." 

The first dance studio Arena was a part of was in downtown Colorado, a huge beautiful building where the studio was located. The studio's name was Dancegenie and it was quite popular thus it being big with over 4 big dance-practice studio rooms. Arena had been going here since she was 12, so that made almost 6 years now.

"Yes, thank you that would be amazing." Arena had always had close relationships with her trainers since they were always quite young and the age difference was never more than 10 years. Except when she was small and in elementary school, then her trainers had been a good 20-30 years older than her.

Her trainer put away her notepad and sat down at a table, writing out details for her upcoming lesson, she didn't raise her eyes from the paper as she asked, "How's your side? I heard you were at the hospital."

Arena smiled awkwardly, "Oh that, it's better now." A half lie. Yes her side was getting better and no it wasn't good enough to actually jump hardcore back into dancing again. But her trainer didn't need to know that, Arena was going to be just fine. Her coach leaned against the back of her chair and chewed on her pink pen.

Arena hid her wince as a jolt of pain surged through her side for the fourth time today.

"Good to hear that," her trainer smiled and met Arena's eyes.

"Yeah me too." The lie slipped off her tongue so easily.

***
Arena was walking back to her front door, turning her head to check if she had locked the car doors. She had. Arena nodded her head to herself and kept walking until she reached the door. Pushing down on the door handle, the cold metal biting into her skin, Arena opened the front door and stepped into the building she called home.

"I'm homeeee," Arena's voice rang out clear in the big hallway as she tug off her boots and strode into the kitchen only to find her mom and dad sitting behind the counter, drinking coffee.