XI

"Arena?"
"Your rib?"
"Talk to me"
"Are u even alive?"
"ARENA"

Arena woke up to the swarm of texts and her phone going mental. She opened her eyes and noticed that the room was still dark. She was alone, so her mom and dad must've gone home.

She reached to the table beside her hospital bed and snatched up her phone with her left hand. She groaned from the stretch, it hurt her rib and made her want to wither up and die.

Although she was under painkillers and the dripfeeder was constantly renewing her doses, she felt the pain clearly.

"Ouch." Arena opened her phone and checked the time. It was 3 in the morning. Who could be texting her this early. She squinted at the light from the phone and looked at the notifications.

Of course. Kakao talk.

Bet you can already guess who it is.

Arena had left Kihyun yesterday with only saying that she hurt her rib and nothing else. Why would he worry about her? He had an extremely busy life + he was a celebrity, how and why did he find time for Arena? She couldn't understand that. Though, being honest, she felt quite flattered to have her UB texting and checking on her.

Arena's heart started beating faster. She replied Kihyun with a simple "Hey."

"Did I wake you?" Kihyun's response came through within 5 minutes.

"No, it's okay. I was awake." No way that she was going to make Kihyun feel bad for waking her up.

"How are you?" It was 5 a.m. in Atlanta but Kihyun couldn't sleep. Like Arena, he was wondering why his heart couldn't settle. He was worried so he stayed awake and texted her, hoping Arena would reply in the morning. When he heard his phone beep, Kihyun almost jumped out of his bed. Roommate Wonho was luckily sound asleep and didn't notice Kihyun almost shrieking like a 5 year old girl at the beep of his phone.

"I'm in the hospital. They've given me painkillers so it's fine, hurts a bit though."

"What?! Why are you in a hospital?" The inner mom in Kihyun was taking over. He was always known for being the mom of the group, taking care of everyone else, even his hyungs.

"Hahaha, u sound genuinely worried. Trust me when I say that it's okay, I'll be out by tonight. How was your last tour date?"

"Take care of yourself. The concert was amazing, everyone was cheering and singing along. It was a dream, but.."

"But what?"

"I kinda wished u were here doing my makeup, not that I have anything against the makeup artist we have, but there's only 1 person, you know. She has to do all of this herself, and we usually have to go everywhere earlier so we'd all get our makeup done in time."

Arena nodded and it took time for her to realize that Kihyun couldn't see her because they were texting. She slapped her forehead and typed a quick reply.

"I understand. I'm sad I couldn't come and be there."

Actually Arena couldn't understand why they only had one makeup artist. It sounded crazy because they had 7 members. Even smaller groups had multiple makeup artist so it was really, really, really confusing why MX didn't. It just didn't seem logical.