Chapter 05: Christopher's request

©Liesel Ridges

Chapter 05: Christopher's request

"Elaine, I know what I want to finish now." Christopher said. Elaine ears were open.

-----

The car drove down the highway. I was furious about his request when he first said it.

"I have a few items." He said.

Wait. I thought the trade was one to one?

"I would like you to clear out my things from Sarah's place." He began listing out the things he wanted me to do.

"And transfer the ownership of that apartment to Sarah's name." He continued.

"Lastly, I would like you to help me write a letter to Sarah." He finished.

Everything was about Sarah.

Although she has betrayed him, he still made sure she was well taken care of.

I couldn't help feeling the dissapointment and the anguish, a tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away.

"Miss Kristen, we have arrived." Our driver, Peter, announced. I stepped out to this small suburb area with some decent apartment. It wasn't the most luxurious but it was already above the average range.

Peter and I went up to the apartment. I was being informed by my sources that Sarah was indeed at home at this time of the day.

Putting on a brave front, I press the 20th floor button. Christopher quietly stood beside me with Peter slightly in front holding two cardboard boxes so we could used it to pack later.

The lift chimed for the 20th floor and we stepped out to the front of the apartment Christopher has instructed.

Taking in a deep breath, I pressed the doorbell.

I waited for a while. No answer.

I pressed the doorbell again.

I waited again. No one came to the door.

I pressed the doorbell again, this time in annoying repeates.

"Coming!" I heard a strange deep voice.

The door finally opened and a medium built man, dark skin, around 5'10 in height greeted me at the door with only a towel wrapped around his modesty.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"I... I..." I stuttered.

"Who's that, honey?" I heard a faint female voice coming from the inside.

"Some babe at the door!" He shouted back.

Sarah appeared suddenly behind him.

"What chick-- " She asked the man, slightly annoyed, then she turned to see me.

"You!" She exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?" She asked angrily.

I took a slight glance at Christopher. He kept his cool.

"I'm here on behalf of my --" I paused. I realised I never had once said this.

"--brother. He told me to pick up his stuff from this apartment. " I said.

"Chris is awake?" She asked in disbelief. I did not expect this question. Then I saw Christopher standing behind her. He nodded.

"Yes. " I replied calmly. She covered her mouth to calm her shock. Tears immediately brimmed in her eyes.