Chapter 04: A date

©Liesel Ridges

Chapter 04: A date

"A date?" Christopher asked, surprised by the request.

"Yes, a date. Any kind you would bring Sarah for." Elaine replied.

"That's all you want?" He asked. She nodded.

---

Christopher's POV:

"Alright, since that's what you want..." I shrugged.

Why do you want a date with me, Elaine?

---

Elaine's POV

I hope he doesn't see through my real intentions. But wait, he's dead, why should I be bothered?

"I..." I hesitated.

"Yes?" He was quick to respond.

"Nothing... " I lied.

"So what shall we do for a date?" I asked.

Christopher suggested the Art Gallery. There was an art exhibition in town and he wanted to see it. He also suggested that I booked the gallery on behalf of him (since he can't do anything) so we could get some privacy.

"I need to collect something before we head to the gallery. Will you go with me?" I asked.

"I can only go wherever you go..." He replied, resigned to the fate that his soul was attached to her.

We went on our way to the jeweller to pick up a pair of diamond earstuds that I had sent for polishing services. I don't have much jewellery even though mum had loved to buy them for me, but I just prefered a single carat diamond earstud and matching necklace.

As we took a turn up the eacalator, my eyes widen to the scene that was ahead of ne coming down from the down riding eacalator on my right.

Sarah, with her head rested on another man's shoulder, hand hooked tightly around the man's arm as the man lustfully held her by butt, rubbing lustfully in small circular motions.

Sarah was giggling away with every comment the man makes; and a huge shining rock was noticeable on her finger.

I was stunned by the Sarah I saw.

I quickly turned my head towards Christopher and I could see his face fuming with hatred.

I kept my silence and continue our walk towards the jeweller.

"Hi, I came to pick up my pair of ear studs." I said as to the manager who came out to greet me.

"Ah, Miss Kristen. Good afternoon." He greeted with a gentle bow.

"Let me go get them. I shall be with you in a moment." He said and retreated into the back room.

We heard hushed voices from the corner where two sales girls stood.

"Did you see that girl just now?" One asked the other.

"Yes! yes! what was her name..." the other replied.

"Sarah~ OMG. She's like a total slut! Did you know she comes in every week with a different man to get jewelry? I wonder how much money did she make with 'services'?" the first one air quoted the word.

In the corner of my eye I could see Christopher, all quiet and listening. I could tell he wasn't at all happy about what he just saw and heard.

---

Christopher's POV

I can't believe what just happened.

Sarah! My Sarah! How could this be?