Chapter 03: It's impossible

©Liesel Ridges

Chapter 03: It's impossible!

Elaine screamed.

Oh my Lord! She's the one who can see me! Then that means.....

Wait.

I took 3 big strides towards her and she took a couple of steps backward but fell.

Her eyes still wide with horror.

"Please," I pleaded, using my hand to cover her mouth.

Wait a minute, I could touch her!
That means???

#

Elaine inhaled deeply and composed herself. This is impossible! How could Christopher stand here yet he should be lying in the hospital?

Who the heck is he?

"Who are you?" I asked, still trembling inside.

"Elaine, please..." He replied. Elaine recognised that rich Baritone voice anywhere.

Impossible!

"Elaine, please." He said again, trying to close in his gap with her.

Somehow, in my heart, I knew. A searing pain expands from my heart and I couldn't control my tears.

I have heard of accounts of how love ones will seek their family soon after their passing.

When I saw Christopher lying lifelessly on that hospital bed, I couldn't help but think he was already gone.

That pain spread. I knew the only reason I didn't want to cut the life support was to hold onto Christopher, hoping for a miracle.

Now seeing him standing in front of me, in his most perfect condition, with no injuries or scratches, I finally accepted the fact that Christopher is indeed gone.

I fell to the floor and cried.

"No... You can't be... You can't!!! " I shoutes between sobs.

#

"Elaine..." He tried to comfort her, pulling her into a hug.

I could touch her!

So only she can see and touch me. I'm still 'human' in every way with her in question.

"Elaine..." I called, trying to calm her down.

I came to understand the current situation and her emotions. She loves me too damn much, and I am dead.

"Why did you come back?" Elaine asked.

"Did you come back to tell me your wishes? Tell me. I'll fulfill every single one for you." Elaine added.

Christopher was pulled back from the embrace.

How on Earth did she figured out?

He replied, "I can only fulfill mine after I've completed yours."

"My wish?" Elaine asked.

"Yes, anything you wish to do with me, or of me." I added, still holding her close.

"How long will you --" Elaine asked, stuttered, unsure if she could complete her sentence.

"One week." I replied.

"What is your wish then?" She asked again.

"I have to know how long it would take to complete yours." She added.