journal entry #2

july 1st, 1997

we didn't go to the circus 2 years but this year momma and daddy wanted to take us. my lil sisters were excited and so was jordan but i wasn't sure if i should be excited or not.

i can't remember why i didn't like it there anymore but i hoped that feeling would go away. i didn't wanna be a buzzkill.

the day started off fun. we played games and i won a big stuffed bunny for my sisters, they could fight for it later. jordan shares his cotton candy with us for once which was cool.

when we got to the actual show, it was always cool to start off with. you know the lions and elephants all doing their cool tricks at the owners request, after a lot of requests.

then came the clowns again, asking one lucky kid to come out into the ring to greet them. of course jordan, ashley, and abigail wanted to go up, and luckily they didn't pick jordan this time again.

they chose abigail, my littlest sister. she ran up to the man and the boy, though they both looked to have aged over time. when my tiny sis ran up, the man did all kind of cool tricks.

but when it came time for the boy to a trick, things got out of hand again. the man kept asking him to do something and this time he didn't run away crying.

after a few times of the man asking, the boy snapped and yelled back at him. he kept screaming no and how he won't do it. the man grabbed his arm but the boy broke free and ran away.

daddy ran into the ring and grabbed abigail into his arms because she was crying and wouldn't move. the boy wasn't yelling at her but she's so young that she didn't get that.

we left after that and i don't think we'll ever go back to the circus again. and if we never do i hope that little boy clown is okay. he seemed really sad and i guess that could make him mad.

anyway i'm gonna go to sleep it's time for bed. goodnight journal.

-josh