Chapter 7

September 2, 2015
Isabella

Almost. One of the most evil words in existence; so close to something, but just out of reach.

He almost loved her.

She was almost happy.

They almost won.

Almost is close, but just not enough.

I wasn't enough.

My love for Aiden was like a fire and he was the fuel. Every bit of him made my flames higher, larger, and more powerful than ever. But soon it stopped. My fire died down to almost nothing. He stopped giving me the fuel that raged my fire. And suddenly I was nothing more than pitiful ashes on the cold hard ground.

But there was still sparks. My love was still there.

Tell me why won't the fire go away?

He looked at me, panic and fear written all over his face. His red, swollen lips were parted and he looked pale.

The flowers Aiden sprouted in my ribs were mesmerizing, but soon weed started growing in the cracks, and suddenly I couldn't breathe.

And I just stood there. Overwhelmed by the emotions I was feeling, while tears rolled down my drab cheeks.

"Isabella," he whispered so softly, triggering more tears.

In that moment, I felt like the whole world disappeared. I couldn't see anything other than him and the way my name left his lips.

It was just the two of us, our hearts throbbing and eyes burning, staring at each other. And I knew we couldn't move due to the prodigious amount of emotions that held us captive to our places.

Rosie broke my hypnotization, "Fuck this."

I glanced at her, feeling so betrayed and naive. But she just gave me a cold stare, cupped Aiden's face, and kissed him.

I felt like an arrow pulverized my heart and an evident sinking feeling in my chest was drowning me. And I didn't know what to do, so I ran away from everything. The sound of my feet hitting the ground, my rhythm, made me feel free.

***

"Violet?" I whispered as I rang her doorbell again.

"Please," I was sobbing uncontrollably.

Promptly, Violet unlocked her door and I lost my balance, falling onto the cold cruel ground.

"Ow," I whined between sobs.

"Oh my god."

"I'm a mess," I was incoherent, but I didn't care.

"Isabella," her eyes softened as she helped me up. She opened her mouth to speak again, but I crashed into her before she can. Violet was thrown off for a moment, but soon returned the embrace and I dissolved into a blubbering mess. Violet didn't say anything for a while, just rubbing my back and muttering soothing words.

"Bel," she lifted my chin, "are you okay?"

I glanced at her, wiped my tears, and laughed sheepishly, "When was I ever okay?"

I knew that my pillow was going to become a miserable book of names written with my tears.

---
I'm sorry for the late update!!

And I think this is one of my favorite chapters so far, what do you think?

Thanks for reading!