Chapter 5

December 16, 2014
Isabella

"You're the stupidest person I've ever met, did you know that?" I teased Ethan with a grin. He always asked very dumb, yet intriguing questions.

"I get that a lot," he replied smirking, "but you love it, don't you?"

"I don't know, do I?" I chuckled, shaking my head at him.

"But like, just think about it!" Ethan insisted with a wide smile on his face. "What if stones are soft, but they just tense up when people touch them?"

"How stoned are you right now?" Aiden asked and I saw a small smile spreading over his lips.

"Was that a pun?" Rosie exclaimed and hid her face in her hands. "I'm so done with you."

"Don't act like you didn't like it, Ro!" Aiden snickered and Rosie's cheeks tinged with pink and laughed flirtatiously.

I dug deeper into my sundae, the spoon clicking loudly against the glass. I brushed it off, I didn't want to overthink things. I paused for a second, my eyes glued to my sundae, neutralizing my face from any trace of sadness. Then, I glanced at Aiden from across the table, and he smiled at me reassuringly. It instantly made me better and I felt all my doubts and worries melting away, just like my sundae did.

April 14, 2014

Rosie, Violet, and I always made little gatherings, where we would just catch up on everything. And we've decided to have one today; especially since I've been ditching them for Aiden a lot recently.

Violet sighed dreamily and popped a popcorn in her mouth. We were sitting in her room watching a cliché drama series.

"Guys," Violet muttered sitting up from her sleeping position and grabbed a handful of popcorn, "I think I like someone."

My eyes widened and I felt an involuntary smirk form, "What?"

"Who?" Rosie questioned with a goofy grin.

"You guys don't know him," Violet replied shyly, "but I don't know, he keeps giving me mixed signals."

"Just ask him out," I said bluntly.

"How do you even ask a boy out?" Rosie groaned and glanced at me.

"It simple!" I giggled, "Listen to this. Roses are red, violets are blue, guess what? My bed has room for two."

"Oh my god, no!" Violet screamed and glared at me.

Rosie chuckled, a hand over her mouth to stifle her laugh, "Twinkle twinkle little star, we can do it in a car."

We kept laughing loudly, "Stop it!" Violet huffed and shoved my shoulder.

Rosie bit her lips and shut her eyes, concentrating not to laugh, but failed, "I just can't!" Her voice was a little muffled.

"It's not even that funny!" Violet crossed her arms, but she soon started laughing herself.

Shortly after that, we ended the gathering because Rosie had to babysit her younger brother. I was a bit disappointed since I was really looking forward on spending time with the girls.

I decided to walk back home since the weather was really good. The sun was setting in a sea of liquid gold water that glittered invitingly. Kids were running around playfully and everything just looked so alive and appealing. And just the thought of going back to an empty house made me sad; my parents were on a business trip.

When I arrived home, I jumped on my bed and looked for Aiden's name in my contacts list.

***

I was watching Aiden and suddenly I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted more than just brushes of arms and endless flirting. I wanted to taste his lips, cheeks, neck, and everything. I wanted to feel the electricity of love rush through. I wanted to pull him in and never let him go.

"Kiss me," Aiden whispered as his eyes fell on my lips. His lips were slightly parted and his cheeks turned rosy.

That was all it took for me to kiss him like every fibre of my body was dying, and he was my medicine.

He grabbed my waist so tenderly. Aiden was so gentle with me, as if he is scared of hurting me.

I laughed, "You know I'm not gonna break, right?"

"I.. I just feel like I'm gonna break you," he laughed nervously and looked in my eyes, "I just can't believe-"

I put a finger to his lips, silencing him, "Just shut up and kiss me."

I watched the soft ripple of his back muscles as his body collided with mine. I loved the sound of breathlessness, the way it begged for love in a way that words never could. The way his hair laid tousled on his head was engraved into my mind.

I have always wondered why I've fallen for Aiden, then I would replay all our interactions over and over in my mind. The way he would always look at me when something funny happens, the way his head jerks up when I begin speaking, and the way he teases me. His imperfections, flaws, insecurities, dumbness, cheesiness, and everything that he hid from the rest of the world but me, made my love for him grow. It grew so quickly, almost fiercely, that it never gave me the chance to pause and think. Not that I would change it if I got the chance. I just felt new and naive to all this, the way my love for him gripped so tightly onto my heart that I could never stop thinking about him. And it made me feel like I was drinking pink champagne all the time.

And the answer becomes obvious. I'm in love with him because he is special; he is the one that read cheesy love letters to me, the one that asked me for a dance, and the one who made me feel so loved and unique. I've felt that way for a while now, but I was always too scared to tell Aiden.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and whispered in his ear, "I love you." I felt my heart accelerating.

Aiden blushed and grinned, "I love you too."

At that moment I felt like I couldn't control myself from doing stupid things. Like giggling crazily, grinning goofily, screaming, dancing, or kissing him. But thankfully, I only managed to do the latter.

---
What do y'all think of this chapter?

Thanks for reading!