Chapter||8

What are y'all's Zodiac signs? Ours are Aries and Leo!

I woke up, and I was lying on the couch, with no sign of Jace.

I got up and looked at my phone, it was 6 am, so I was right on time to wake Hal and Cal up. I walked upstairs and turned on Hallies light "Hallie, wakeup," I said and walked over to Cal's  room. After last night's events, I'm a little worried to wake him up... I was so useless when he was having trouble breathing, and I feel awful about it.

I took a deep breath and knocked on his door and the  walked in. "Cal," I whispered "how are you feeling?"

"I feel fine," he said in a tired tone.

"Are you up to go to school?" I asked "it's totally understandable if you aren't feeling up to going."

"Lexi, I feel fine, and I'm ok to go to school," cal assured me.

"If you say so..." I said trailing off, "I mean, I was thinking we could go to six flags, but if you're fine..."

"Six flags?!" Cal exclaimed.

"Yep, I'm a seasons pass holder, and I can get you in for free." I informed him.

"Awesome!" He exclaimed.

"Get ready buddy, we'll take Hallie to the bus stop and then we can go, ok?"

"Alright."

Jace was supposed to be here. He only had morning practices on Monday and Wednesday and Friday.

<><><><>

Cal and I went on every roller coaster at six flags.

"This is awesome!" Cal screamed as we went up the hill for the one we'd ridden the for the fifth time.

"Pretty cool." I agreed, "I'm just glad you're feeling better."

At 3 o'clock, I called Jace.

"Can you pick Hal up?" I asked

"I have practice, why can't you?"

"Cal and I had an outing, and we won't be back for another hour," I explained.

"An outing?!... If I get kicked off the team this is all your fault."

"Oh shut up. You're such an asshole and you're being ridiculous."

"I'm the asshole? You're going to make me late to practice. Coach is going to skin me alive."

"Well maybe you should think about that next time you go to The Bridge and scare your brother half to death."

"I can't believe you just went there." Jace said. It was like the anger had gone out of his voice yet multiplied a thousand times. "After everything I told you last night, seriously Alexis, seriously?"

My heart deflated a little at his harsh words, but I still held on to the anger that he only cared about himself.

I hung up the phone and then looked at Cal, "I think we're introuble," I said with a chuckle. It was fake, but I didn't want Cal to worry.

"Whatever," cal said while shoving cotton candy in his mouth "What's he gonna do? Ground you?"

"very funny, wanna go on one more ride before we leave?" I asked

"Sure," cal said and then led the way to another roller coaster.

After we finished Cal sighed, "Guess it's time to go home now?"

"Yeah, might as well get it over with." I sighed.

•<>•<>•<>•

We walked through the front door, only to see a very angry Jace.

"Cal, can you take Hallie and go upstairs please," he said through gritted teeth.

"Yeah," he said and grabbed Hal's hand. When he walked past me, he whispered "good luck."

When they were both upstairs, I looked at Jace "Look, I felt bad about what happened yesterday and I deci..."

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?" Jace yelled.

"Woah Jace... Calm dow..."

"NO, IM NOT GONNA CALM DOWN, THANKS TO YOU, I HAD TO GET HAL FROM SCHOOL AND WAS LATE TO PRACTICE," He fumed.

"Oh no... THE Jace Johnson was late for soccer practice once," I said sarcastically.

"THATS NOT EVEN THE WORST PART LEXI, IM SUPPOSED TO BE THE BAD BOY... THE TROUBLE MAKER... THE HEARTLESS ONE WHO DOESNT CARE ABOUT ANYONE. AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN, I SHOW UP AT PRACTICE WITH MY LITTLE SISTER. I HAVE A FÜCKING REPUTATION."

I've never seen Jace so mad before. I took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes. "Why Jace?"

He looked taken aback, surprised, flabbergasted even, "Why what?" He spat.

"Why would you want to be seen as all of those things. They're not exactly good things." I said, my voice was much calmer than I expected.

"Because when people don't have high expectations of you, you never let them down." He said harshly, and he began to walk out the door.

"If you walk out that door Jace," I said, my voice wavering only slightly, "You'll be letting Cal down. You'll be letting Hallie down. You'll be letting your mother down, and you'll be letting me down, Jace. Don't walk out the door." I said.

He looked back at me, and for a moment I thought I'd gotten underneath his thick stubborn skin and gotten my point across to him.

He then shook his head and opened the door. He stepped outside and he slammed it with all of his might.

He left.