Chapter 8

“T-Thanks for sending me home oppa” she said nervously, her heart beating was very fast.

Kris holds on her hand, giving it a light reassuring squeeze, “You did nothing wrong so don’t be afraid of your father, arachi?”

“Mm” she hummed, nodding. “It’s getting late… go home already”

“Go in already then I’ll go home” Cheonsa rolled her eyes at him, hissing as she stepped further in the gate. “Good… Jaljayo” Kris motioned her to turn her back to him and she did what was told.

“Aisssh… naughty guy” she mumbled that made him smiled while walking his way, handing the handbag to one of the maids. “Is abeoji home ajumma?” she asked.

“He stayed for a while and left an hour ago” she answered, Cheonsa sighed in relief.

++

“Mr. Song” a guy in black formal suit bowed at him. “What can I do for you?”

The middle-aged man turns his swivel chair, facing him. “I want you to keep an eye on my children, no girlfriend or boyfriend around them. You may go”

“Absolutely, Mr. Song”

++

“Why do you need to interfere in our lives, Xing?” Luhan growled over the phone.

Cheonsa, who was actually walking towards her room, overhears him, stopped by his door. “Why is oppa yelling at Xing-ie oppa?” she mutters and pins her ear to the door.

“She needs to know hyung…” Yixing calmly says, “Or do you want her to know exactly from noona?”

By that time, Yeji walks upstairs and sees the younger lass. “Yah… Cheonsa” she called but because of Cheonsa was into eavesdropping, she wasn’t able to hear the older lass calling.

“What are you doing?” she asked, whispering when near to her.

“Hush… just listen” Cheonsa unknowingly said and so Yeji copied what she was doing.

Luhan sighed, “I know… I am aware of that but I need time. Maybe Yeji won’t understand, we are together but I am engaged to Meiji”

Yeji stiffens the moment she hears those words from Luhan, “E-Engaged?”

Cheonsa straightens up, “Omo!” she exclaimed, “Eotteokhae?”

Luhan hears her exclaimed and drags his feet towards the door, opening it. “Ye-Yeji”

“Mi-Mianhaeyo oppa… I didn’t mean to--” Cheonsa shutters.

Luhan pats her head, “Gwaenchana… leave us alone first, mm? Then we’ll talk later” he softly instructed.

“Ne” she inaudibly answered, turning her back at them and entered her room, which was next to his.

“I’ll explain everything” Luhan said in a gruff voice and she obediently stepped inside.

Yeji stands still even though he was offering her to sit, “We are together before you were engaged, right? You aren’t cheating on me, right? Wait… I believe in you, you can’t and never will cheat on me” she continuously stated.

Luhan hugged her, he was sorry for not saying the truth to her.  “I didn’t mean it” he kissed the side of her head, caressing her soft silky hair.