Chapter 31

Suho walked out of her hospital room, his face was pale and flabbergasted and his mind was trying to gather what he just heard from his wife. He can clearly visualize her face and her way of looking at him, he is now a stranger for her. It hurts him that she can't even look at him the same as she look at Kris and now, she looks at him like he is a stranger that would only cause harm to her.

Myeon-ah goes to her son, rubbing his back. "She would remember you sooner or later, maybe she was just shock or a trauma caused by the accident. She'll be fine" she solaces her son.

After a few hours of her examination, she was taken back to her room with her parents-in-law. Her doctor called Suho for a talk, "To be honest Mr. Kim Joonmyeon, your wife, Mrs. Kim is well. Her examinations say so; she's not suffering from psychological trauma which we all thought may be caused by her head struck on the rock. And when I asked her about who she is, she answers it well and exact. She recognizes herself and her family. However, I don't really get it why she can't recognize you or your parents"

Then realization hits him, the day before they flew to New York; Jongseok called him. "When she wakes up and will not able to recognize you, don't worry because she is fine. That is because I got some of her memories, her memories with us – wolves. She won't be able to recognize you or your family because you are one of us but then help her make memories with you. I did that for her to live in peace, so she won't suffer from trauma due to the dreadful scenes she had witnessed during that night"

Suho goes in her hospital ward and finds her lying on bed with her back facing his family. His mom walks up to him and whispers in his ear, "She doesn't remember us either"

He nodded, "Okay mom... may you leave us first?" he asked politely and they left the word without a word.

"Who are you?" Cheonsa asks, her eyes are still on the New York City lights reflecting the windowpanes. "I'm pregnant with whom? If you're the father then why can't remember about you?" she bombards him with questions.

Suho walked to the other side of the bed, where she is facing right now. He hummed lowly, having the urge to hold her hand but didn't do so, because he doesn't want to scare her. "I am the father. I'm Suho... Kim Joonmyeon. I know it's hard to believe that I am but we could always make new memories, right?"

"Where is Luhan oppa? Eomma?"

Suho pressed his lips together, "Eommo – Your mom and Luhan hyung are in Seoul right now because of business but they did visit you a few weeks ago"

A week after the battle and after Suho dealt with all the papers needed, he flew with her to New York without her family knowing her condition and the real reason. When Luhan was worried sick about his younger sister because he hasn't heard about her for almost a month already, Suho decided to call them and tell the news of her being in comatose but for another reason, a car crash, and also the child.

++

Yeji washes her son because this day would be his first visit to his father after the child custody heard on the court, Luhan would get to be with him during weekends. "Be good while you're with daddy Luhan, arachi?" she tells him.

Then she heard a knock on the door, it was Baekhyun. "Luhan hyung is here already" his face deadpanned and his voice was sad. Yeji looked at him and smiled, nodding.

"Appa" Jihyun calls him and somewhat, his eyes gain sparkle a little. "Appa"

"Yes, Jihyun-ah?" he walked towards him while Yeji got her son's medium-sized rucksack, where Jihyun's things like clothes and other necessities are in. "Are you excited to be with your dad?"

She glances at Baekhyun and she knows, he is not feeling well about this whole thing that he has to share Jihyun's time with Luhan. But the thing that scares him more is that, Yeji will probably leave him for Luhan. "Oppa, kaja?" she asks.

"Take good care of him. I put his clothes, diapers, two baby bottles with milk, and his favorite toy in the rucksack already. In case you are in trouble with him like you can't make him sleep or he is crying too much or anything, call me immediately, arasseo?" she says, bouncing her son in her arms.

Luhan chuckled, "Of course... and he is not a trouble for me, can I take him with me now?" 'Aigoo... she speaks too much when Jihyun would be away only for a night and two days. But it's too cute to see her like this' he got Jihyun from her. "We'll get going"

But then when Jihyun was sat inside without her, he started crying out his mother's name. "Aigoo, Jihyun-ah... we'll see each other tomorrow alright? For now, you go with daddy Luhan" she said but the little boy cried out even louder. She sighed, standing straightly and looking to her husband, "I guess, I have to accompany them. Can I?"

Baekhyun presses his lips together before nodding, "Of course you can. You inside and prepare, I'll calm him down first" he says and Yeji immediately runs inside and prepares after 7 minutes, seeing them sitting on the balcony.

"I'm really sorry I can't go with you today. I'll make it up to you the next day, alright?" Yeji said, stretching her arms for Jihyun. Baekhyun smiled and gave him to her, "Really, oppa... I'm sorry" and she kissed her goodbye before hopping in the car with Jihyun.

Luhan looks away when she kisses him, balling his fist. 'I know I shouldn't feel jealous but I can't help myself feeling this way because I should be in his position in the very first place. A jerk like me doesn't deserve her, she's better with Baekhyun' he thinks.

"Jihyun-ah, say goodbye to appa" she cooed, waving Jihyun's hand towards Baekhyun and he did the same, smiling to his son. "Bye-bye"

"We'll go now, Baekhyun" Luhan speaks up and revs the engine as they go to the amusement park to bond and play around.

++

"I'm right here alright? Don't be scared, we'll both get through this" Suho consoles his wife who is now laboring that started 6 hours ago. She clutched on his hand tighter as another strike of pain came. "It's alright" he cooed, wiping the beads of sweat formed on her forehead.

Suho's phone rings and he stands up from his seat, "Where are you going?" she manages to ask even her voice is almost cracking as she holds on his hand tighter once again. "Don't go"

He looked at the caller I.D. and it's Luhan, he showed her the screen. "I'll just talk to him then I'll be back, yaksokhae" and kissed the back of her hand.

"Yes, hyung at the xxxx Hospital. Cheonsa is currently laboring for the past six hours" he talks to him over the phone, telling which hospital they are in since her family flew to New York to see her finally awake after their last visit 3 months ago.

"Excuse me Mr. Kim" the foreign doctor called him and he bid goodbye to Luhan on the phone. "We are getting ready for her delivery in 5 minutes now"

"Alright, Mrs. Kim push when I told you so" Cheonsa nodded, holding onto Suho's hand. "Okay, now push!" the doctor said and she did what was told while Suho was there telling her words like Go, push more Cheon and You can do it until she finally give birth. "It's a baby girl" the doctor exclaimed, holding the baby upside down and covered with blood.

Suho was delighted as he was kissing her hand none stop, "You did it Cheon... I'm so proud of you" she nodded, breathing heavily. "Go sleep, I know you're tired" he said then peeked through the nurses to see their baby girl.

++

Jongdae is walking down the hallway when he heard someone groaning and he looks at his room through the windowpane, seeing his finger moving and his eyes slowly fluttering open. "Abeoji!" Jongdae exclaimed on top of his lungs. "Hyung! Jongin-ah! Sehun-ah!" they all rushed to Jongdae and asked him what's going on. "Kris—-Yifan hyung... he's awake now. He's awake now!" he repeated.