Chapter 4

June awoke to the sound of knocking on her door, sleeping through the whole day previously, although she had been having a nightmare about the Eyes coming and taking her away to the Farm for touching a rose. June felt exhausted, her body not used to waking up this time of night, she only hoped she would grow accustomed to it soon. If she survived that long that is...

She quickly dressed herself and opened the door only a sliver, fearful on who would be waiting on the other side. Thankfully t was Cora but her eyes were wide and scared.

"It's time again" she said with worry. June had to go down to the room for the Ceremony. She slowly walked out the door, her veil brushing against her face when she felt the eyes on her again. She looked around, wanting to know who was watching her.

Quickly June turned in a different direction and spotted Nicholiah watching her closely before turning around the corner and disappear down the hallway. June felt afraid that he was watching her so closely, fearful that he would take her without his father's permission and end up doing permanent damage to June.

A door suddenly slammed shut as June flinched at the sound. She could hear Cora tisk tisk behind her. "Poor Nicholiah, he's so weak lately, and he can only get blood when his father allows it. Mistress Serena and the master constantly fight about it."

June didn't say anything, but she took note of why Fredrick had said specifically she was to give blood only to him. She entered the room finding Serena and Fredrick sitting on the rug with lavish pillows around them. Fredrick was feeding Serena grapes and drinking wine when he suddenly stopped as she entered the room. His once muscular frame that had been draped over Serena for a moment stiffened at the sight of June, his eyes almost lighting up at her presence as he quickly crossed the room taking June's hand in his.

The quick change of expression from Fredrick sent Serena fuming, her cheeks reddening against her skin, but she stayed regardless, knowing that she must feed to survive. June sat down silently, her eyes cast south and her arms open for them, ready for the pain she was about to endure once more.

She heard the click of the key in the wrist clasp and braced for the intolerable pain. Serena bit down hard, not caring if she damaged the skin or not. Fredrick was softer, giving a small kiss that made June want to vomit before biting down gently, as if savoring each easy flow of her blood.

"Gentle my love, gentle" Fredrick whispered to Serena who was ravishing June's wrist beside him.

Serena's head flew up from the wrist "Do not tell me how to use the human!" her eyes glowed fiercely and June bit her lip to keep from screaming at the horror of her true face. Her teeth were pulled back much as a wolf bares it's fangs, her mouth covered in June's own blood as she spat insults in Fredrick's direction all the while taking from June. Fredrick watched her with an almost bored expression, his mouth busy pulling blood from June's wrist. Serena finished hard and left the open wrist flowing as she carelessly sat up and stared at June wiping the blood with the back of her hand away from her mouth.

"You are nothing! You understand me? Nothing!" she screamed slapping June across the face before storming out of the room. June only made a small whimper, taking the abuse as long as Serena left her be afterwards. She felt her cheek sting and redden and lazily tried to raise her hand to massage the spot that was now burning on her face. It was then she noticed she was bleeding out and quickly began to panic.

Fredrick sat up and mended June's wrist fast before the loss of blood was too much for her. He looked to the door, wondering if he should storm after Serena and punish her for such an action. June sat there, motionless. The blow from Serena stung on her face but she dare not move her now numb arm to caress it.