Home Part 2•King George III x Reader

"The Tomcat's finally getting hitched, and I was thinking..." You halfheartedly listened to your friend, John Laurens talk as your own thoughts consumed you.

It had been 2 months since you returned from England, and your life was finally getting back to normal. That was, of course, until you received the letter which was currently concealed within your frocks. You hadn't opened it yet, and an impressive red wax seal held it shut, with an elaborate G design. With fair reason, you believed it to be from King George III, however, you hadn't a clue as to why he had written you. 

He had clearly stated in the letter that he had given you as he shipped you back that you were never to return to England.  Despite the grave nature, you knew it wasn't out of malice. Should you return to your home country, you'd be tried for treason. It couldn't have been an easy task for him. You hadn't noticed them the first time you read the letter, but there were a few tear stains across the paper. George had never been the type of person to express his emotions without encouragement, so it had shocked you that after all of those years, he still cares that much.

The letter had urged you to start a new life in the colonies, but you struggled to do so. You had made some great friends through the revolution. General Washington had become a father to you, and Hamilton, Lafayette, Mulligan, and Laurens brothers. Between you, everything was discussed, sometimes leading to conversations you didn't wish to have.

For such distinguished members of the revolution, your friends sure do make a lot of sex jokes.

There was one request of George's that you could not follow through with, no matter how hard you tried.

Fall in love.

You went on to all of the social events that were set up. Attended ball after ball, but no one struck your fancy. No one was George. Despite his wishes, you still harboured feelings for him.

"Y/N? You listening?"

"Hmm? Sorry I just-"

John cut you off. "You're like my sister. Don't make some bullsh*t excuse. You can tell me anything."

John gave you such a sincere smile, it hurt. The truth was, you hadn't told anyone of the occurrences in England. Never being a popular person as a child, you were afraid of being ostracized from your friends if they found out the truth. Your friends were the antithesis of a loyalist. The mention of England set them off on an angry tangent. As a result you were scared - no that wasn't right. You were terrified of losing your friends. So, instead saying everything, you replied with a simple,

"I was just thinking about stuff."

"Very specific. Try again. I'm not going to judge you. My gay *ss has told you everything.  What's going on?  You've been acting weird all day."

"Promise you won't tell anyone?" You suddenly felt like you were back in grade school.

"Of course. Nothing leaves here."

As if a gate had been opened, you told him everything. Flooding him with information, you left nothing out. You told him about the park, and the boy you met there. You told him how George was your first kiss, and how you'd begged him to come to the colonies with you. You told him that George is the king, and he let you go free. Finally, you hesitatingly pulled the letter out from your frocks. 

"This came in the post this morning. I- I don't know if I should open it." Finishing rather lamely, you searched your friend's face for his reaction.

"Whoa. That's a lot," he commented. "Why don't you open it?"

"You're not mad?" You asked.  "Even though I've had an affair of sorts with the king?  You do realize that this is the king? As in the king of England. The same king that is currently at war with us?" You were completely bewildered. This was not the reaction you were expecting.