Mama•Lin x Reader

✔ Eggs
️️✔️ Milk
✔️ Paper Towels
✔️ Chips
✔️Pancake Mix
     Chocolate
     Pads

You looked through your grocery list and sighed. You'd be lying if you said that your hormones didn't effect your shopping list, because it most definitely did. Throwing a second bag of tortilla chips in your cart, because why not, and you made your way to the feminine hygiene isle.

"Why are these things so bloody expensive?" You muttered to yourself as you reached for a box. "Ha ha. Bloody." 

"Mama!" A young voice drew your attention. A young boy, about 2, stood in the isle, waddling towards you. Swinging your head around, you looked for another lady in the isle that could be the young boy's mother but saw no one.

"Mama!" The boy squealed again, and grabbed onto your leg.  Despite the fact that you didn't know the kid, it made you smile. You loved children, which is why you became a school teacher.

"Hey bud," you said to the child that latched themselves on your leg. "Where's your parents?"

"Sebastian! There you are! Thank goodness," a man's voice down the aisle caught your attention. He looked to be about your age, Puerto Rican, his hair pulled back in a bun (It looked quite good on him, which surprised you, as you generally disliked man-buns), and his eyes had bags underneath them as if he hadn't gotten much sleep recently, although the dark orbs still glinted in the light, full of life.

"He's yours?" You asked the man.

"Yeah. Sorry about that, I turned around for a second to grab some coffee for home, and he was gone," he explained.

"Oh, it's no problem," you replied. "He's a cutie. Must take after his dad," you flirted, making him go a little red.

"Well, we'd best be off," he smiled at you.  "C'mon homeboy, we gotta go. Your abuelo and abuela are coming over soon."  He reached down to pick up his son, however, it simply made Sebastian hold on tighter.

"Papi," Sebastian said, still clutching your leg. "This is mama." 

Now it was your turn to blush.

"Hey, um, what was your name?" The man asked you.

"Y/N  Y/L/N," you replied.

"Well, Y/N, it would seem that my son won't let you go, and I know it's very sudden, but my name is Lin-Manuel Miranda, and since my son won't let you go, would you be willing to come with me and my son to a restaurant with my parents, or at least until Seb lets you go?"

"Sure. He's a sweetheart," you replied. "And you look a little stressed, and rather tired, so yeah, I'll help."

"Thank you so so so so so so so so much.  My babysitter just quit, and I love my son, but he makes it awfully hard to do my job, and take care of him. It usually results in late nights, crazy early mornings, and running on coffee," Lin ranted.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it," you assured him. He looked extremely frazzled, and you took pity on him. You were no stranger to chaos brought by children. Some weeks, you would get home from the elementary school you worked at and nothing could calm you down but a large glass of wine.

"I'll pay for your lunch, and cover your groceries for you. Do you need anything el-"

"You really don't need to do th-"

"I know, but I'll do it for you anyways. You have no clue how much you're helping me out. Do you have everything you need? I can grab it for you if you'd like because my kid is going to make it difficult for you to walk anywhere." He laughed a little, gesturing towards your leg which still had his child latched on to it.