Mama Part 2•Lin x Reader

Dialling Lin....

You stared at the screen, simultaneously hoping that Lin would pick up, and that he won't - talking on the phone really wasn't your thing. Your preferred the facial cues that came with actual conversation. You had to suck it up though, because Lin picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hi Lin, it's me, Y/N."

"Oh!  Hi! What's up- Sebastian don't touch that!" He cut himself off as he scolded his kid for one thing or another. "Sorry about that, can't turn your back on a stove element for a second with a two year old.  Anyways, you were saying?"

"Right, I don't think I can make the movie tonight."

"Oh."  You could hear the disappointment in his voice.

"It's not that I don't want to, I really do. It's just I came down with a nasty bug, and I can't go-" a coughing fit stopped you for a moment. "I can't go a three minutes without breaking out in a coughing fit," you finished, embarrassed.

"Yeah, you don't sound to great right now."

"It's not that I don't want to go, I just I feel like crap right now."

"Say... Where do you live?"

"What?"

"Sorry," Lin apologized awkwardly. You could practically see him rubbing the back of his neck as he tried to find the words to make a recovery - something you noticed he did. "That came off really creepy. I was just thinking I could come over instead, bring a few Disney movies and some chicken soup, and we could just hang out and talk."

"This isn't just some ploy for Netflix and chill, right?" You teased.  "Cause I'm not that kind of girl."

"No no no! Definitely not!  Not that you're not attractive, because you are and I need to shut up because I'm digging myself into a hole now."

You laughed heartily, but it quickly turned into a another coughing fit.

"You know what?" Lin said.  "I'm going to make some soup and then I'll be over within the hour with food and Disney movies. You sound horrible right now, and I'm going to fix it."

Smiling slightly, you nodded your head even though he couldn't see. "I'll text you my address."

"Sounds good, see you soon."

"Kay, bye, love you too," you replied without fully realising what you said. Before you could reiterate what you meant to say, Lin hung up.

Staring at your phone, you cursed. This evening was going to be awkward.

*************************************

When Lin rung the doorbell, you struggled to find the energy to get up.  Wrapping your blanket around you like a burrito, you answered the door. 

"Hi," you greeted. 

"Hi," Lin responded.  "I brought food," he said, nodding towards his full hands. 

"And that's your entrance ticket.  Come in," you croaked. 

After giving Lin a quick tour around your house, (Leave your coat here, here's the kitchen, bathroom's on the right) the two of you crashed on the couch. 

"Not to sound super judgemental, but you sound like sh*t, Y/N.  At first I thought you might've been trying to blow me off, but you definitely weren't." Lin stated. 

"I really wanted to go-" you started to explain

"But you were sick as h*ll, and couldn't.  No need to explain," Lin smiled at you.  "This is just as nice.  Now, you eat your soup, it does wonders, and I will put on the first movie of our Disney marathon."

You complied, taking the lid off the soup, and blowing on the spoon before you ate any.  When the soup hit your tongue, you let out a little sigh.  Chicken soup was truly the best when you were sick.  Lin figured out how to work your television, and threw on The Little Mermaid.  He took a seat beside you, and you curled up, resting your head on his shoulder, absentmindedly tracing circles on chest.  The atmosphere brought you an odd sense of peace.  There was no fireworks, no shock of electricity as you touched, but there was such a level of trust and comfort there, it was like a blanket to keep you safe. 

"Was your soup good?" Lin asked, taking you out of your thoughts. 

"Yeah, delicious. Thank you so much.  You've no idea how much I appreciate it."

"It's nothing for someone I love."  Lin paled once he realized what he said.  "I mean-"

"It's fine."  you cut him off.  "I've already accidentally professed my love for you twice.  Your turn was coming soon enough."

At your statement, Lin looked bewildered.

"Look, I know it's not exactly taking it slow.  I've known you for about a week, and you're already in my house.  I'm scared out of my mind.  I'm scared of getting hurt.  I'm scared it's all going to fall to pieces.  I'm scared of falling in love, because last time that happened, I found out the guy was an *sshole.  But I'm willing to take a chance on you.  I don't know why it's different.  It really shouldn't be, but I'm trying.  You're adorable, and so is your kid.  I want to get to know you better, but we have got to stop stepping on eggshells around each other.  For goodness sake!  I've already met your parents, you've come to my house, and we've kissed.  There's no reason for us to be nervous.  I'm willing to do this if you are, but we both have to put the effort in.  You down?"

Lin looked at you for a moment, digesting what you said.  "I'm down."

"Great.  Now, are you ready for a Disney marathon and a lot of tea because my throat is killing me?"

"Let's do this," Lin smiled at you.  "Hey..."

"Yeah?"

"If we're going to be serious, do you want to go on the Twitter?"

"What?" you looked at Lin like he grew a second head. 

"It makes it official."  He looked at you sheepishly. 

"Oh, why not," you shrugged, and went into the camera's view.  Right before Lin took the picture, he kissed you on the cheek, making the picture show your real time reaction, a heavy blush was apparent on your cheeks. 

"That looks great, thanks," Lin grinned, and then turned to the screen to caption it.  Peering over his shoulder, you read:

A cup of tea, a Disney marathon, and an amazing girlfriend. Bring it on life, 'cause I can take anything.

There wasn't anything you could do but smile. There was no way something bad would come out of this.

A/N: Hey people! I'm still alive! It's been a while, but school has been nuts, and exams are starting sporadically. Updates will be slow, but they will happen. I hope you guys are doing alright, and that life has been treating you well. If you ever need to talk, feel free to send me a message, and I'll respond as soon as I can. I hope you liked this fluffy sequel (especially @Leia-bun who requested it) and don't forget to vote, comment, and feel free to send a request.

Keep up the awesomeness,

TheMightyBookworm

Written May 13, 2017