Lava•Daveed Diggs x Reader

"Have a nice evening," your taxi driver says as you pay and leave the cab. You take your laptop case and folders with you, and make your way down your driveway to your house. You sigh deeply. It had been a long day. You had a particularly rude client to work with on a divorce case. You were trying to get her full custody, but considering you were her lawyer, and had full capacity to either win or lose her case, she was very rude upon noticing the picture of your husband on your desk. Once she noticed that you and your husband were two different races, she started slinging racist terms at you constantly, giving you a headache.

Two more days then she's out of your hair. Just two more. You can make it. You told yourself. You opened the front door and heard squealing coming for the living room. You slipped off your high heels and put your stuff down to check what was going on.

"Watch out, love!" Your husband told you, grinning from ear to ear. "The floor is lava!" He hopped from pillow to pillow, all thrown across the floor, and made his way to you. "I will save you!"

You smiled at your husband's antics. He had been so nervous when you told him you were pregnant, with twins nonetheless, but he was an amazing father. Rolling your eyes, you took his hand he extended to you, and stepped onto the cushion. 

"Mommy's home!" Your oldest exclaimed, making you smile. They were turning four in a couple of months, and they made you smile everyday. The two of them started coming towards you, jumping on the safe spots, pushing each other to get to you faster, causing your youngest to fall on the floor. Mom instincts kicking in, you moved to help them up, but Daveed stopped you.

The youngest got up, and started making roaring noises, causing you to giggle, and look at your husband questioningly. He just shrugged his shoulders, and mouthed, "Go with it."

"Roar!  I'm the lava monster!  I'm going to eat you!" Your child laughed as they ran around the room, waving their arms. Your other kid, squealed, and ran to you and Daveed, hiding in between the two of you.

"Save me!" They said dramatically. Just then, your youngest grabbed your leg.  You gasped dramatically.

"Oh no!  You've got me!  I'm turning into a lava monster too! Roar!" Making them giggle.

"No! Mommy!" Your oldest ran away from you to the other side of the room, their sibling close on their tail.

You turned towards your husband, a sly grin on your face.

"C'mon, Y/N, I'm your husband. Have pity on me."

You ignored his remark, and tackled him, effectively knocking him to the ground.  Daveed was now underneath you, and you were straddling him. You pressed your lips on his, and then brought your mouth beside his ear, and whispered,

"Guess who's a lava monster now?"

Daveed laughed. "If it takes becoming a lava monster to be with you, then it will have been worth it."

"Come on, you scary monster," you helped him up.  "We have a little kid to catch, a living room to clean, and dinner to be made."

"Roar."

Suddenly, your day didn't seem that horrible. How could it, when you had such a great family?

A/N: The original idea I had for this was way more angsty, but I decided to go with this fluffy thing.  I hope you liked this family fluff, and don't forget to comment. Feel free to request anything on my message board, my Twitter, or PM.

Thanks for reading, and keep up the awesomeness,

TheMightyBookworm

Written April 10, 2017