Chapter Twenty-Two: Earth's Mightiest Mortal

Start from the beginning

Silvia gulped. "Y-You... and Superman?!" Her blue eyes flicked back over to Bane and she sighed. "I'll take the distraction..."

"Good choice." The hero gave her a thumbs up. "He's a piece of cake, you can totally beat him!"

With that Shazam shot into the sky like a bullet and left her with Bane. The wrestling masked man now had her full attention and she started to realise that he had been leaning against a nearby pillar, waiting for them to finish deciding who was going to take him on.

"Eres diferente de lo que esperaba." Bane said in a voice so low that Silvia could almost feel it vibrate through the earth. The man pushed off of the pillar and slammed both fists together menacingly.

Silvia tilted her head to the side. "Sorry... uh... Do you speak English? I mean, thanks for waiting and all but I have no idea what you're trying to tell me."

Bane took a step forward that closed a lot of distance between them. "You are different then I was expecting but anyone that defeats Batman deserves my respect."

"Oh?" Silvia gleamed. "Well, thanks then!"

"La gratitud no te llevará a ninguna parte... I'm still the one that broke his back."

Silvia scoffed. "Just his back? Pretty sure I broke more than that when I fought him."

"That will not be repeated on me." It couldn't be seen whether Bane was amused or annoyed, but regardless he took another stride forward and his voice increased in volume. "I'm tired of talking, show me the strength that bested Batman."

Reaper suddenly felt her hands become clammy beneath her gloves and strands of her hair beneath the mask sticking to her face. This man was so incredibly huge that she doubted she had any chance against him. She wasn't even a mouse in comparison, more like an insect easily crushed under his boot.

Always being too stubborn to listen to any reasonable thought that ran through her mind, Reaper braced herself and curled her hands into fists. Usually she liked to play around with her enemy and to assess their strength, but something told her it was going to hurt a lot more than usual this time.

"So, you want the first hit?" She said in a tone that suggested she already knew this was a mistake. "Come on, give me your best shot!"

Bane huffed out something that sounded almost like a chuckle. "You asked for it." Then he swung his gigantic arms in Silvia's direction, knocking her off her feet and straight through a wall. She definitely felt that one.

Silvia forced herself to stand back up and stepped over the large hole that now resided in the wall. Bane was stronger than anyone she had fought so far in terms of brute force and power, but he was sluggishly slow compared to her and had little skill behind his hits. This might be easier than she initially thought.

Shrugging off the attack and trying to ignore the intense aching in her muscles, Silvia charged towards the much larger man. He swung his hand in her direction once more but she easily dodged it.

Reaper wove passed each attack effortlessly until finally tangling her legs beneath Bane's. In one heaving effort she pulled him to the ground, every muscle in her legs tensing at the strain. It took every last bit of her strength but, finally, she managed to trip him over. Once he was down it was all too easy to aim for his face, which was previously out of her reach.