Maybe it's a girl.

Hinata definitely can't be it. She's in love with Naruto.

I know Temari is bisexual, so perhaps she likes me?

Sakura and Ino have been all over Sasuke lately, so they're out.

I already have Tenten's number.

Matsuri and Sari are head over heels in love with Gaara.

In her head she starts mentally crossing people off the list. Though she ended up with no one in the end. She knew it had to be a guy, but which guy? There's so many males at that school that she couldn't pick just one!

I know Naruto has been touchy feely with me lately, but isn't he touchy feely with most people?

She recollected all the memories in which her and Naruto have been together and realized, she was the only girl he touched. She was the only girl he actually talked to, and he could easily get her number from Tenten.

Oh Hinata, I'm so sorry.

She decided, if it was Naruto that liked her, then she'll politely reject him and steer him towards Hinata.

Sighing, she picked up her phone and decided to text Tenten about this mysterious number.

I just got this weird text from a mysterious number.

(125)5555050

Do you know who it is?

Tenten responded almost immediately.

Nope. Sorry.

What did the person say?

They like me or something. But they never told me who they were.

Huh. Weird. Did you ask who they were?

Yes. But they didn't respond. It's been like three hours.

Try calling them.

[Name] paused and thought about this a moment. Should she call them? For all she knew, this could be a prank by some random stranger. A cruel trick by one of her classmates to give the girl false hope and make her believe that someone out there actually loves her.

She decided against it, not wanting to risk putting her heart on the line. Though somewhere deep down, she knew this wasn't fake.

If this were a prank, why would the pranker say "Like like you" instead of "I love you"? It seemed easier to say that, whereas "like like you" seemed to spare and protect the sender's feelings.

[Name] thought about this long and hard. Convoluted plans and twisted realities formed in her mind. If this was just a silly joke, she'd get the person back somehow.

Her phone buzzed in her hand, and she thought it was from Tenten. [Name] was mistaken. When she saw that message, her whole world shifted.

It was...

...

A/N: another cliffhanger. I'm so not sorry for this one. I purposely filled this chapter with bullshit just to make everything longer. Thanks for reading love ya!