Chapter 7 - Power

THIRD PERSON POV

It's the day of the summit with the prime minister and his goons. Helvisa was just taking some fresh air in the garden when Adelina went to see her. "How's life for you?" She asked. "Good. Believe it or not, I was a waitress before coming to the castle." Adelina chuckled. "Seriously? Why didn't you ask for my help until now? You know I will gladly give you four some money or gold."

"You've done so much for us. We don't want o burden the empress like we used to." Adelina sighed. "You've done nothing or some sort. You've been a great soldier for my army a while back ago." Helvisa face the empress. "We let the enemy killed your husband, why aren't you mad at us?" Adelina looked at the ocean view. "He live for a few months before he died. He was asking for you. He wants to thanked you for all the happiness you grant us with. He didn't get to do so because you were gone without a trace."

Helvisa blamed herself for what happened many years ago. "Why are you here of all places?" The empress asked. "We find solace here. It's peaceful, we're happy, the people are nice. Armina and the others love it here. We have no idea that this island are on verge of being attack after so long. When I came across those war reports, I know I have to protect this island so my friends can be happy."

"Somehow I don't think that's why you called for us. Tell me." Helvisa know she never could hide anything from Adelina. "The prince, he made us promise that we would protect her mother and sister from any kind of harm." Adelina thought of something. "I never seen the king. Where is he?" Helvisa chuckled. "Probably in some room, having sex with the younger maids or prostitute he manage to get his hands on." Adelina was surprised.

"What do you mean?" Helvisa chuckled. "Exactly what I said." Adelina understood and followed Helvisa to the castle. Inside, everyone were busy getting the castle ready for its guest. Gisele was extremely nervous for this particular summit because everything she said before will be judge by that prime minister and the other ministers. "Everything will be alright my queen." Armina tried to calm her down.

"I hope so. I don't want this island to be in their hands." Armina placed the Gavreau crown jewel on the queen's head as the last accessory she need for today's event. "If you feel like you need help, just turned to Adelina and let her speak. She will help you in every way possible. Don't be afraid to ask for help, my queen. Helvisa, Reina, Eris and I will be waiting by the door, in the shadows. We will only speak when we need to."

She turned the queen's body around and smile. "Be brave my queen. You've handled life perfectly while marrying the king. I'm sure little prime ministers won't harm you." Armina went to the door and opened it. Gisele walked out of her chamber followed by Armina. Soon Eris and Reina joined in and walked behind the queen as well. Adelina smiled and walked side by side with Gisele as Helvisa walked behind them. Emma and Alice joined in this walk and they all went to the war room.

"Tell me, how bad is this prime minister?" Emma asked. "I think he has bad breath." Helvisa said nonchalantly. Emma laughed together with Alice. "Behave." Helvisa said in her low voice. Both Emma and Alice cough out their laughter and sit down as they wait for their guest of 'honour'. "How does she do that I have no idea." Gisele said. Adelina smiled. "Helvisa know how to control them. That's all."

Armina heard a knocked from the door and went to opened it. "Presenting the arrival of the prime minister and his colleagues." Armina said without a care in the world. The prime minister buried down his anger when the maid didn't even introduce him properly. The other minister were froze when they came face to face with the the trio. Meanwhile, the prime minister were busy cursing under his breath.

When he looked up, he choke on his own saliva. "What ...." only God knows how confused and shocked he was seeing the grand duchess of Sacia, the princess of Olaria and the Empress of Sliria all gather in one room, facing him. "Meet Grand Duchess Emma of Sacia Kingdom." Emma stared at them for not bowing down. "You know, meeting a royalty mean you have to bow as respect." Armina mocked.