eleven

Jungkook

"Hyung, here's your coffee"

I make my way towards Taehyung's desk in his office encased with glass and shelves. My hand holding the cup of sweet coffee is wrapped up with bandages up to just above the wrist, a nasty cut underneath from the cuffs that scraped away at my skin the other night. Although sore, I didn't suffer from any serious injuries. That's something, at least.

"Thank you, Kookie. Just leave it there" Taehyung nods towards a spot next to a pile of papers stacked on the corner of the wood with furrowed eyebrows. I frown and perch on an empty part of the desk. I look at him as he pays no notice, adjusting his glasses on his nose.

"Hyung" I prompt and he simply hums in recognition without looking up from a letter he holds in his slender fingers. I tut and lean forward, lightly gripping onto the top of the paper and then plucking it from his hands.

"Hey! What are you doing?" He shouts and I gracefully jump down from the desk and scan over the letter. He rushes forward and takes the paper off me with a sigh, however not in time to avoid me from reading who it's from.

"What do the news agents want from you?" I ask, tilting my head to the side innocently. Taehyung stares at me for a few seconds before gaining back his composure.

"Apparently there was a lot of press that saw the aftermath of the incident at the party and now all of them want answers" He says, holding out the letter before ripping it in two and throwing it in the bin. I stand there, slightly taken aback, clearing my throat.

"Are you not going to tell them?"

I watch as he moves back to his leather seat behind the desk, sitting down and leaning back, exasperated.

"No. If word gets out that there were employees out to get me inside my own company, there will be a huge scandal, gaining myself and Geonban a bad reputation"

Nodding, I head closer to the desk, enough to see the frown that still accompanies his expression, ruining his usually vibrant and fresh aura. As he picks up another piece of paper without paying any attention to me, I huff and turn on my heels, facing the door out of the office. I reach for the door handle, only to be startled by a voice behind me.

"Jungkook... wait a minute"

I spin around to see Taehyung staring at me with a hint of life in his eyes.

"Yeah, hyung?" I look back, hand still grasped around the metal of the handle. The surface is cool under my fingers, like putting my hand in cold water.

"I'm sorry I haven't been paying much attention to you lately" he rises from his seat and traipses around the desk, moving a hand up to remove the glasses from his face. "I've just been so busy with work"

With every step he gets closer, the glimmer in his eyes grows more and more noticeable. His body glows with a kind of radiance I've never seen on any other human.

"It's fine, I understand" I say without conviction. Taehyung notices and stops once he's so close that I can hear his steady breaths escape from between his succulent lips. He bites down on the arm of his glasses that he holds in his hand, so seductively that my heart aches with a sudden urge to kiss him. Before I have the chance to act upon my desire, he leans to the side and connects his lips to my ear, warm breath tickling my cheek.

"Come back to my office before you leave and I'll make it up to you, okay baby?"

A sudden chill surges through my spine and I inhale sharply, my whole body heating up drastically.

"Yes, Mr. Kim"

Taehyung softly kisses my cheek before leaving to sit back at his desk. Flustered, I open the door and disappear out of the suddenly unbearably hot room.