four

Jungkook's POV

"Jungkook-ah! Come here!"

I groan and rise from my seat behind the wooden desk already covered with stacks of paper. All day Taehyung has been calling me in and out of his office to run his errands; my legs are beginning to ache.

I open the door and am pleasantly surprised to see Taehyung next to his personal coffee machine instead of asking me to do it.

"Ah, Jungkook! Take a seat over there, make yourself comfortable" he points over at a leather armchair in the corner of the room next to the bookcase. I slump into the seat, sighing with bliss.

It's much more comfy compared to the hard leather chair in my office.

"Do you take sugar in your coffee?" He calls over, waving around a pot of sugar cubes in his hand.

"Two please" I holler back, holding up two fingers and smiling. It's weird seeing Taehyung not working or being formal. I watch as he skips over, careful not to spill the coffee as he hands it to me.

"Thank you" I say before taking a sip. I immediately pull it away, cringing. Too hot. He chuckles as I stick out my burnt tongue, placing my coffee cup on the table in between our chairs.

"You should be more careful..." Taehyung sighs, putting down his own coffee and leaning back in his chair.

"So, how is your first day going? Do you like it here? Or will you leave?" His voice drops at the last question, wavering slightly. I shrug it off and lean back in my own chair.

"No, I like it. It will take some getting used to but it's going well, thank you" I reassure him, offering a smile which he returns. Only now have I realised that his boxy smile causes his eyes to scrunch up and dimples to show.

"Now that you've almost finished your first day, I thought I'd put some rules in place. Nothing serious" he adds, picking up his coffee before taking a large gulp. He places it on his knee before continuing after I nod.

"First of all, always make me a coffee in the morning. Three sugars. I always need a boost in the morning else I'm grouchy..." Taehyung chuckles, raking a hand through his soft hair.

"Okay!" I giggle slightly, imagining him looking rough and tired.

"Great! Okay so next, if someone comes up to your office to see me uninvited, don't let them in. If they won't leave, call up security"

I nod and decide to test out my coffee. I take a small sip and am pleasantly surprised to not burn my mouth. It's the perfect temperature. Taking larger sips, I listen to what else Taehyung has to say.

"Feel free to come into my office when you're not busy. You can sit and read a book if you like, as long as I'm not having a meeting with anyone" he gestures to the large array of books neatly stacked on the bookshelf in rows of colours. Each book has a stamp on the spine reading 'property of Kim Taehyung'. I can't help but smile.

"Now the last thing..." His expression turns more serious as he looks at me. He leans forward and places a hand on my knee. I take the coffee cup away from my lips, my hands slightly shaking.

"You will do as I say, do you understand?"

His voice is low and intimidating. I struggle to find the words to say, my brain a jumble and my legs gone to jelly. I take a deep breath to calm myself and speak.

"Yes, Mr. Kim"

-x-

Stepping out into the cold, I leave the warmth of the Geonban building and face the harsh winds of the busy street. The warmth of the coffee I drank has faded away and now the pit of my stomach is cold like the rest of my body.