37. Home Is Where The Soul Is

A/n: Do play the song :3

Y/n's P.O.V

------99--2-------3-----------

Chara struggled to get to her feet, the blood dripping from all over her body. Pain cut off the grin she tried to display on her scarlet face as I watched her, my eyes glazed over with tears.

"Leave." I spoke simply, before stepping in front of G, and raising my hand to her shaking figure. Surprise crossed her face, but it was slowly replaced by something else, a new emotion for her.

Fear.

A huge Gaster Blaster was summoned by my hand, and as soon as Chara opened her mouth to speak, I flicked my wrist, shooting an immense white ray at her crippled figure. The blast shot a hole through the dust covered wall, and when the clouds cleared, her body was no where in sight.

I stiffly turned back to G, who was still kneeling by the pile of dark grey dust, his sobs returned to  emotionless silence. Placing a hand on his back, I spoke, almost in a whisper-

"G."

He raised his head only slightly.

"Let's go home."

/;\~-_

Arriving back at the skeleton brothers' home, it felt strange and devoid of life. It felt like years since I had first woken up in that basement, and a small smile graced my lips as I remembered how far we had come. It was well into the night, walking up the front steps, and the stars glistened and shined in the sky, with no clouds in sight.

I pushed open the front door, with G by my side. I smiled up at him, and he returned it with a soft, small, smile.

"Papyrus is probably asleep, so we should get to bed." I spoke quietly, not wanting to disturb the peace in the house. G only nodded as a response, as we made our way up the stairs and to our rooms again.

"Y/n?" G suddenly spoke, interrupting my thoughts. I turned to see him standing outside his door.

"Yeah, G?" I replied softly.

"Sleep with me tonight, dove?" my heart clenched at the return of that name, and I blushed, not wasting a second with my reply-

"Of course."

------

G's P.O.V

Sunlight filtered through the windows, as we had forgotten to close the curtains last night. The room was exactly as I had left it before, except now, Y/n and I were resting in the bed. Her eyes were closed, and she had a peaceful expression on her face, obviously still sleeping.

What had happened over the past few days... had been a lot for me to take in. With finding Y/n again, defeating Chara, and my Father's death, it was all quite unbelievable. But now, we were finally home, and it seemed unreal to be back with her again, lying side by side in my bed. The song of birds outside the glass door that lead to the balcony caused Y/n to shift in her sleep, and slowly, her eyes fluttered open, finding my gaze.

"Hey, dove." I whispered to her, as she smiled and sighed in content.

"Morning. How are you?" Y/n asked, concern filling her eyes, referencing what had happened yesterday. It was adorable to see her worrying, for me, of all people. I cringed as I remembered how we first met.

"I'm doing okay. And you?"

"Better now I'm with you." she sighed, snuggling further into my chest, earning a chuckle and a smile from myself.

"Hey, do you wanna go wake up Papyrus?" I asked her, as she looked up at me with a mischievous gleam in her eye.

"Let's do it."

--------------

Creeping into Papyrus' room, he was snoring loudly on his car bed, the same as always. Y/n stifled a giggle as we drew closer to him, sprawled out on his bed.

"3, 2... 1!"

On 1 we jumped onto his bed and screamed as loudly as we could. He leaped up from his bed obviously very afraid, but the sight of us laughing our hearts out beside him brought him even more shock.

"Oh, man.. That was so.. *wheeze* hilarious.. Wait bro are you crying?" Papyrus was indeed.. crying? Y/n looked up at me in worry after her laughter died down.

"Bro, I'm sorry we scared ya, it was just a-"

"I MISSED YOU!" he practically screamed, grabbing both Y/n and I by the necks and bringing us into a, heh, bone-crushing hug (still got it).

"We missed you too Papyrus." Y/n's muffled voice rose up from Papyrus' shoulder. Finally, we were brought out of the hug to see Papyrus wiping the tears from his eyes, blushing a faint orange.

"Now that you're back... LET US GO HAVE MY SPAGHETTI FOR BREAKFAST, AND YOU CAN TELL ME ALL ABOUT YOUR ENDEAVOURS!!" Yep, there was the shouting again.

Laughing, we all headed down out of the room and down the stairs, to eat some well deserved spaghetti.

We were Home.

----------5;989855-----------------------------66=d------0101------------