24. The Bonds We Share

Y/n P.O.V

---------------99-----------

I wondered how he was.

How he was feeling, what he was feeling.

The curiosity and most of all, guilt, was slowly eating away at me, as the full realisation of the fact that I would most probably never see him again settled coldly in my heart.

Most of all, what I expected was for him to hate me. It was easy to of course, but something in the very corner of my mind relentlessly debated that G would be better than that. I knew he was, but who I was largely outweighed whatever his emotions were towards me. If I had just stayed away, if I hadn't ignored the warning signs, then none of this would have happened. The question was, would I rather have avoided all this completely, or enjoy the little time we had had together? It was something that I had been contemplating, but I could not decide. To choose the first, G and I would have been spared of this pain. You may think that it all happened quickly, like those crappy relationships in the movies, but there was a connection between G and I. It had been there even before I first met him, like we had met in another life, another world. That doesn't sound plausible in the slightest, but I was convinced; I knew him, I know I did.

On that night we shared on the outskirts of the vast forest, he showed me what a soul was, and how to look at it. Over our glowing hearts, we surely bonded and not just emotionally, but physically. I touched his soul, he touched mine, and because of the contact I felt like there was an invisible, indestructible connection between us, like there was a string reaching across the city and into our very beings.

That would explain the sincere pain I felt in my heart I had been feeling ever since I disappeared. I knew it wasn't just mine; there was another host, not presented visibly but like a ghost in my head, floating quietly.

I didn't know what the monster wanted, I didn't know why I couldn't just walk away, stride right back into that house and into G's loving arms. Despite my silent courage, it was simply pure fear holding me back, preventing me from being able to be happy. I knew what he could do, to me, to G, even to Papyrus. I knew what he was capable of, I had experienced it before, many years ago.

But I would not let him hurt the two people that I had only met a few weeks ago.

But what could I do?

Nothing.

Nothing at all.

---------------------------:(---------------------------):-----------------

I know this chapter was tiny. I know I haven't updated in quite a while, and I'm very sorry for that.

Again, I apologise deeply.

I hope you guys enjoyed this pile of rubbish.