Chapter 54: Court

Start from the beginning

                                                                            ***

On our court day, my parents took all 5 kids while we went to the court house. I was wearing a simple black dress and the guys were actually wearing suits. Ella sat in the crowd part thing (A/N Idk da faq that’s called xDD) while we took our places outside the door. The cops brought Ryan up to the door and he snarled at me. I just flipped him off with a smile and then they brought him in. Then all 4 of us were instructed to go to our stand thing whatever and we swore in or whatever.

“Ok, Mrs.Purdy, please tell the jury what happened that night when Mr. Smith attacked you.”

“I DIDN’T ATTACK HER!”

“MR.SMITH! DO NOT TALK WITHOUT PERMISSON! Mrs.Purdy.”

“I was just enjoying my high school reunion when he came over to me and started verbally harassing me.”

“What did he say?”

“He asked me why I was here and called me Emo. He then told me I should leave after I made a remark and he called me Emo again. T-“

“What exactly did you say?”

“I just told him if he lays a hand on me, I would kick him in his genetellia.”

“Did you?”

“No ma’am”

“BULLSHIT!”

“MR.SMITH! DO NOT TALK UNLESS I GIVE YOU PERMISSON! Mrs.Purdy, please continue”

“I called him a jerk, splashed punch on him and that’s when he called me a fag and punched me in the face. That punch caused me to black out.”

“Alright, Mr.Purdy, anything to add?”

“After she blacked out, Jake and I went into protective mode and started throwing punches at Ryan.”

“You’re the husband?”

“Yes Ma’am”

“How about you Mr.Pitts”

“I’m her older brother”

“Alright, anything to add Mr.Pitts?”

“Once he noticed Desiree was awake again he flung the 2 of us off of him and punched her a few more times, even after she had blacked out again. I held him back while Ashley went to check on Deisree. The cops were called when the fight between us 3 broke out and so by that time, the cops and ambulance had arrived.”

“Alright, Miss Evans? Anything to add?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Ok, anybody else have something to add? None? Alright, Mister Smith, you have anything to add?”

“Yes Ma’am. Ok, 1, she through the first punch and the first verbal harassment so my instinct was to hit back.” It took all my will to stay quiet and I had to control the other 3 as well.

“Ok, we have an eye witness, can we please have Miss Scott to the stand.” A girl with long blonde hair got up and sat next to the judge.  Our lawyer stood up and walked over to her.

“Miss Scott, do you know Mister Smith or Mrs. Purdy at all?”

“No Ma’am”

“Alright, did you see what happened?”

“Yes Ma’am.”

“Can you please explain what happened.”

“Desiree explained it perfectly. He said the first verbal harassment, she did threaten to hurt him in his genetellia and she did toss punch on him but he threw the first punch.”

“Anything else to add?”

“No Ma’am”

“Alright, you may go back.”

“I think were done here, Mr. Smith, 6 months in jail. Case closed.” Everyone slowly exited and I just noticed we were being filmed the whole time. The camera people had all 4 of us gather and speak about it. When we were done, Ella squealed and hugged Jake and kissed him. I said goodbye to Jade and joined the guys and Ella in the car. We drove to my parents, picked up the kids and drove home.

“Ashley, I’m going to go to sleep, can you put the kids down for a nap?”

“Sure thing” He said kissing me before I headed upstairs. I changed into a tank top and sweat pants and snuggled into bed, soon joined by Ashley.

***********************************************************************************************************

MikkiMarvel gave me the idea

Listening to This Ones For The Girls- Martina McBride --------------------------->