Da Pub

GEORGE POV
The recently familiar soft fur brushed against my sleepy face, the small wiggly tail wiped my nose, but what wasn't familiar this morning was the small desperate growls and the nibbling on my ear. I groaned and looked up,

"Go get Lucy wallet, I'm sleeping." Wallet buried his little needle puppy teeth into my arm,
"Ouch! Freak ok dog."

I whipped off my covers and fumbled for my glasses. I hopped out the door in my sleeping shirt and boxers waving my rapier over my head.  Wallet ran around in circles around my legs before darting out of the room.

I raced after him, and ran down the stairs toward an ever growing sound of rapiers clashing. I quickened my pace. The front door slightly open suddenly among the sounds of swords a wringing laughter ran out, a deep, hearty, evil, laugh.

I rushed to the dark outside, and stopped immediately as a blade sliced just past my nose burying itself into the grass. A leather gloves hand pulled it back up and threw it again, this time aimed at Lucy.

"Lucy look- oh frick" I chucked my sword desperately and it knocked the blade off corse. My sigh of relief was cut short when a second blade was brought down toward my shoulder, by a huge towering figure in a trench coat. I tumbled down the front porch steps in order to avail the attack only to fall closer to the attackers feet. He looked over me with a terrible grin, and steel grey eyes.

"Axel?" I said perplexed. Axels look alike pulled his sword back and let out a rumbling string of chuckles. "Oh wait-" I gripped my previously thrown sword laying in the ground and brought it up just in time to counter the attack. "No you're Axel's arse of a parent aren't you?"

The man's chuckles came to a stop. "Pleasure to meet you."

LUCY POV
I ran full force toward George who was desperately defending against an onslaught of attacks from Axel's viscous father. George was backing up slowly, his back was to the wall-! I jumped forward and blocked the tall man's strike to help George defend. There were two other men in lab coats, but Axel and Lockwood were handling them just fine.

I felt the sting of a rapier grazing my arm, the man chuckled,

"Nearly got you there," he said in a sing-song voice.

I cursed at Axel in my head, I saw him from my side view, fighting off some other figures. If only he hadn't been so stupid!

Earlier that day- or I guess it was morning now, so late last night, Lockwood and I watched Axel grab a rapier and disappear out the front door. Our trust stopped us from stopping him, but it wasn't enough for us not to follow him.

"Come on." Lockwood whispered pulling me along, my ankle had know fully healed and I no longer limped.

I had already grabbed a fallen flare from the ground ready to go, but I let Lockwood pull me by the wrist behind him.

We stayed far enough behind him so he wouldn't see us. We walked far enough that I wished I had brought my work shoes instead of my old loose fit house ones. Lockwood and I stayed close. He pulled me back sharply and I stepped into the folds of his long black coat, Axel had looked back.

We stood in the dark holding our breaths until Axel opened the heavy unmarked door, it  let a brief release of song and chatter from inside before he slipped inside and the heavy door once again shut leaving silence

"I think our secrecy ends here," Lockwood said letting me step away from him. "Axel will most likely notice us when we walk in."