Qudditch World Cup and Triwizard Tournament...

Narrator's POV

Within weeks the group had long since returned to England and the Qudditch World Cup rolled around.

As the Blacks, LeStranges, and Malfoys made their way to their private seating with the Minister of Magic —while the others would get another box— they saw the Weasleys talking to Fudge.

Once Fudge saw he group of ten, he said "Ah, and here's the Malfoys, LeStranges, and Blacks!"

"Ah, Fudge, how are you?" Lucius greeted

"How do you do, how do you do?" Fudge said, smiling and bowing to everyone "And you all know Arthur Weasley, I daresay?"

Mr. Weasley and Lucius looked at each other and Harry vividly recalled the last time they had come face-to-face: it had been in Flourish and Blotts' bookshop, and they had had a fight.

"Good lord, Arthur," Lucius whispered "what did you have to sell to get seats in the Top Box? Surely your house wouldn't have fetched this much?"

Fudge, who wasn't listening, said, "The Malfoys and LeStranges have just given very generous contributions to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, Arthur. And you've heard of Sirius' false imprisonment. They're all here as my guest."

"Yes, our hearts reach for all those in harm." Lucius muttered, sadly

"It's a shame what happened to them. The Longbottoms especially experienced tragedy." Bellatrix muttered, feigning sadness

"How nice." Mr. Weasley said, with a very strained smile

"Slimy snakes." Ron muttered

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME! WELCOME TO THE FINAL OF THE FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY-SECOND QUDDITCH WORLD CUP!" The announcer said

The spectators screamed and clapped as the game began.

Soon Viktor Krum, Bulgaria's Seeker, caught the snitch and ended the game.

The scoreboard was flashing "Bulgaria: 160, Ireland: 170" across the crowd, who didn't seem to have realized what had happened.

"KRUM GETS THE SNITCH BUT IRELAND WINS! GOOD LORD, I DON'T THINK ANY OF US WERE EXPECTING THAT!" The announcer said

"WHAT DID HE CATCH THE SNITCH FOR? HE ENDED IT WHEN IRELAND WAS A HUNDRED AND SIXTY POINTS AHEAD, THE UTTER IDIOT!" Ron yelled

"Some people just don't have any class, Harry." Draco whispered to Harry

"None at all." Harry replied and Neville nodded in agreement

***

When the students returned to school —Remus still had his job— students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrived to participate in the Tri-Wizard Tournament.

"The moment has come." Dumbledore said, smiling "The Triwizard Tournament is about to start. I would like to say a few words of explanation before we bring in the casket just to clarify the procedure that we will be following this year. But first, let me introduce, for those who do not know them, Mr. Bartemius Crouch, Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation" - there was a smattering of polite applause - "and Mr. Ludo Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports. Mr. Bagman and Mr. Crouch have worked tirelessly over the last few months on the arrangements for the Triwizard Tournament and they will be joining myself, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime on the panel that will judge the champions' efforts. The casket, then, if you please, Mr. Filch."

Filch brought Dumbledore a giant goblet made of yellowed glass and metal.

"The instructions for the tasks the champions will face this year have already been examined by Mr

"The instructions for the tasks the champions will face this year have already been examined by Mr. Crouch and Mr. Bagman, and they have made the necessary arrangements for each challenge. There will be three tasks, spaced throughout the school year, and they will test the champions in many different ways.. their magical prowess - their daring - their powers of deduction - and, of course, their ability to cope with danger. As you know, three champions compete in the tournament, one from each of the participating schools. They will be marked on how well they perform each of the Tournament tasks and the champion with the highest total after task three will win the Triwizard Cup. The champions will be chosen by an impartial selector: the Goblet of Fire. Anybody wishing to submit themselves as champion must write their name and school clearly upon a slip of parchment and drop it into the goblet." Dumbledore said "Aspiring champions have one hour in which to put their names forward. In one hour, the goblet will return the names of the three it has judged most worthy to represent their schools. To ensure that no underage student yields to temptation, I have drawn an Age Line around the Goblet of Fire once. Nobody under the age of seventeen will be able to cross this line. Finally, I wish to impress upon any of you wishing to compete that this tournament is not to be entered into lightly. Once a champion has been selected by the Goblet of Fire, he or she is obliged to see the tournament through to the end. The placing of your name in the goblet constitutes a binding, magical contract. There can be no change of heart once you have become a champion. Please be very sure, therefore, that you are wholeheartedly prepared to play before you drop your name into the goblet."

Within a few minutes, the older students put their names in and waited for Dumbledore to announce the three champions.

"The champion for Durmstrang, will be Viktor Krum." Dumbledore announced

Durmstrang students and many others cheered.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour." Dumbledore told

Everyone cheered for the eighth-Veela.

"And finally, the Hogwarts champion, is Cedric Diggory." Dumbledore cheered

Harry and his friends as well as most of Hogwarts' students were loudly clapping.

"Excellent! Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real-" Dumbledore started, but something caught his attention

The fire in the goblet had just turned red again, sparks were flying out of it, a long flame shot suddenly into the air, and borne upon it was another piece of parchment and Dumbledore seized it.

There was a long pause, during which Dumbledore stared at the slip in his hands, and everyone in the room stared at Dumbledore.

Dumbledore cleared his throat and read out, "Ron Weasley."

No one said a word and Ron's face was redder than his Gryffindor robes...