The Chamber of Secrets...

Narrator's POV

After the break, the group of friends returned to the school.

Professor Lockhart created a Dueling Club and Harry made a show out of Ron.

The Slytherins celebrated that night.

Several weeks later, Hagrid had been thrown into Azkaban for 'opening' the Chamber of Secrets.

***

Now, Harry found himself in the Chamber of Secrets with the diary horcrux who was slowly becoming solid as Ginny's soul was drained.

Upstairs, the school had found a new message on the wall once they had discovered Ginny missing.

Harry stood next to Tom with his invisibility cloak around his shoulders, Ginny was almost dead and Tom was almost solid

Suddenly, the pair heard a voice heading towards them, Tom quickly threw the cloak's hood over Harry's head to hide him and hid himself in the shadows.

"Ginny!" Ron yelled, sprinting to her

"Ginny, don't be dead! Please, don't be dead." Ron said, throwing his wand to hold her

Her face was white as marble, she was almost gone.

"Ginny, please wake up." Ron muttered desperately, shaking her

"She won't wake." Tom softly said

Ron jumped and spun around on his knees.

"What d'you mean, she won't wake?" Ron said desperately "She's not-?"

"She's still alive," Tom answered "but only just."

Ron stared at him.

"Are you a ghost?" Ron asked

"A memory," Tom answered "preserved in a diary for fifty years."

He pointed toward the floor near the statue, lying open there was the little black diary.

"You've got to help me." Ron said, raising Ginny's head again "We've got to get her out of here. There's a basilisk —I don't know where it is, but it could be along any moment —Please, help me"

Ron managed to hoist Ginny half off the floor, and bent to pick up his wand again, but his wand had gone.

"Did you see -?" Ron asked only to see Tom was still watching him —twirling Ron's wand between his fingers.

"Thanks," Ron said, stretching out his hand for it

"Listen." Ron said urgently, "We've got to go! If the basilisk comes -"

"It won't come until it is called." Tom calmly replied

"What d'you mean?" Ron asked "Look, give me my wand, I might need it-"