Running Out of Time

Start from the beginning

"We're skipping class man. Wanna join?"

I stare at them, thanking God for giving me that get out of jail free card and Alison raises her eyebrows at me impatiently.

"I'm sorry. I'll see you later? I love you." I kiss her cheek and she sighs, "Emi...Ethan." 

I can see the pain in her eyes. One, with having to call me Ethan. And two, with knowing I'm lying to her about something.

Alison POV

"Hanna I swear. Please tell me what's wrong with Emily."

"Not Emily for long," she mumbles but freezes, "did I just say that out loud?"

I scoff, "yes. And now you're going to tell me why. What do you mean not Emily for long? Hanna. What's going on!" 

She sighs, "okay relax. It's really no big deal it's just...Emily is kind of...turning into Ethan...she's losing her memories as Emily."

I stare at Hanna as I feel my entire world crumble down. "Okay so...what you're saying is...Emily is dying. Soon it will be like she never even existed?"

"Yes."

I gulp and nod, "right. Um...okay. So will I forget her too? Like will it affect me?" I look up at Hanna and she looks at me solemnly, sighing as she wipes my tears with her thumbs, "I...I don't know Alison. I'm sorry. Maybe? Have you forgotten anything about Emily recently?"

I look down, "no. No of course not. I know everything about her. I love her, Hanna."

"I know. I know. But you love her as Ethan too-" "that's only because I know it's Emily in there!" I cry out and she pulls me outside the school, rubbing my back, "Alison calm down. You're stressing yourself out for no reason."

"Not no reason. Hanna this is Emily. Emily Fields! Our best friend! The love of my life! Hanna don't you get it? I don't want Ethan! I want Emily!" I scream and grab my stomach, pain overwhelming me as I feel my legs give out.

"Woah woah. Alison?" Spencer runs over, catching me before I fall and I just break down into her arms.

"Hanna what the hell is going on? Why is she crying?" Aria asks and I shake my head, "no! She needs to come back!"

Hanna sighs, "Emily is disappearing. She's completely turning into Ethan and he's losing his old memories as Emily...and we don't know if we'll forget Emily too."

"Emily who?" Aria says and I freeze in Spencer's arms, looking up at Aria.

"What did you just say?"

She frowns, "what? Who's Emily?"

My eyes look from Spencer to Hanna and their eyes are wide with surprise. "Shit. This isn't good. Where's Emily," Spencer says and pulls me to my feet.

"I-I don't know. He was with the guys. They skipped the rest of classes."

She sighs, "okay. Then our last chance to save Emily is tonight. At the party."

"How do we save her? Spencer it's not like we can just tell him to turn back!" I cry and she sighs, "look. If we just...try and talk to Emily. Maybe if his mind is set as loving his new life, he might stay that way. But if we convince Emily that Emily Fields is better than Ethan Sky? We can get her back."

My head turns to look at Hanna, asking if she agrees. And she shrugs, "worth a shot."

"Midnight is Emily and Ethan's birthday. What if at midnight everything becomes permanent?" I whisper and Spencer bites her lip, "that's a big possibility. If that's the case, we have to move fast. Come on."

We all leave school to brainstorm and the entire time I can only worry about what can happen. Emily would want to be Emily again...right?

She's Emily Fields.

Not Ethan Sky.

It shouldn't be hard...if that's even how it works.

I just want Emily to be herself.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well...interesting?

Will they all forget Emily?

Will Alison forget?

Or will they be saved in time?

What do you think will happen?

What do you want to happen?

Review and Comment!

~Stay Fearless~

Caleigh <13