Off

Emily POV

By the time I get to my apartment I grab Emily's phone and scroll through my pictures, trying to jog my memory back. I sigh and just change into a suit, gelling my hair to look good.

When I text Alison that I'm on my way I drive past the Brew and instantly think of my girls. So, I haven't forgotten them. I'm fine.

When I get to her front door Jessica answers, smiling at me, "hi Ethan. Come on in." I smile gently at the older woman and walk in.

"Alison will be down in a minute. Do you want anything? Water? Soda?" I smile kindly, "no I'm fine, thank you Mrs. D." "Of course. And what have I told you young man? I am Jessica. Mrs. D makes me feel old."

I chuckle, "right. My bad, Jessica." She smiles at me and nods, "so. You look nice. Where are you two going off to?"

My body's weight alternates from my left to my right foot, "Manninos."

Her jaw drops at me and a scoff escapes her throat, "oh Ethan that places is expensive I don't know if Alison can afford-" "it's alright, really. I'm covering it."

"No way. That places is," "Jessica. It's just money. She's worth so much more. I want to give her everything."

She stares at me, tilting her head, "gosh you remind me of someone so much. Alison had this friend. Emily. Gosh I knew Alison loved that girl more than anything. And Emily certainly returned those feelings. They were always the closest out of the girls. One day Emily and Alison were going out by themselves and Emily told me the exact same thing. Now, here you are, telling me the same thing."

I blush but my tan hides it. I hope she doesn't figure it out. But, she won't. She'd know it sounds insane...

"Emily sounds a...amazing," I finish when I see the blonde descend the stairs. Her hair is cascading over one shoulder in a golden waterfall while her curves are hugged tightly by an elegant yet edgy black dress, the edges cut out out to show off her beautiful body.

"W-wow," I whisper, my breath completely taken away. She blushes and walks all the way down the stairs, "you okay?"

I gulp, nodding, "y-yeah. I'm fine. Ready?"

"Born ready handsome. Bye momma." She kisses her mother and I wave, "we won't be back late Jessica."

"I trust you guys. Have fun!" 

I open the door for Alison and she smiles, "thank you."

As we drive Alison holds my hand and I keep my free hand on the wheel, stealing glances over at the gorgeous blonde.

"What?" She asks when she catches me staring at a red light. I just shrug and smile at her, "you're just so beautiful. That's all." Alison blushes, "I am so not."

"You are," I urge and nudge her hand slightly, "most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life Als."

"Em. Drive." She giggles and I start driving due to the green light I obviously didn't notice. "but thank you."

Hanna POV

"So...how've you been?" I ask Charlotte after a silent while just watching TV. After Alison left we talked about her surgeries and how one didn't work out so she was forced to keep her penis.

Charlotte looks over at me and sighs, "to be honest? Lonely. This place sucks. I've been in here for practically my entire life and they still tell me that I am crazy...they're probably right at this point anyways."

I take her hand into my own and rub the back of her hand soothingly, "hey. You are not crazy. I don't care what they say. You're not, Charlotte." An exhausted escapes from her lips and she shakes her head, "I love Alison and all but I really am glad that someone besides her or my mother is here. It feels like I'm not in a mental asylum...that's why I snuck out and said I was CeCe. I wanted to feel what reality was like again, you know? Life, out there. I wish I had that again."

I lick my lips and nod, "me too. But hey, maybe soon you can get out of here if you show them how amazing you are. They'll know you've gotten better and then you're out."

Charlotte chuckles and shakes her head, "that's the thing. What if I'm still crazy? What if that takes years?" I notice a few tears dripping from her cheeks and the sight of my childhood friend, and my first love upset breaks my heart.

I click my tongue, "come here," I whisper and wipe her tears with my thumb, place a gentle kiss against her cheek and pull her into a tight embrace.

"How about I visit you everyday, yeah? Will that help?"

When we part, she smiles at me appreciatively, "thanks Hans but...you don't have to do that. You have a life to care about. I'm fine, really. My emotions just get the best of me sometimes."

My eyes focus on her and like usual, I can see right through her. "You're lying. And my life isn't eventful as it is. It would have a lot more light in it if I got the chance to see you every day. I'll be a regular visitor," I smile proudly and Charlotte blushes, "thank you."

"Anything for you," I whisper and she hugs me again. My eyelids fly shut at the wondrous feeling and my arms wrap around her in a comfortable embrace and I can feel her rest her head in the nape of my neck.

When we pull away from each other I stand up, "I should get going but...I'll see you tomorrow?"

Her smile melts my heart and her blue eyes shimmer with nothing but happiness, "I'll be waiting at the door."

I giggle, "goodbye Charlotte."

"Goodbye Hanna," she waves and I sign myself out and leave Radley.

Alison POV

During dinner I steal so many glances at Emily and my heart beats faster for him with every quirk of his eyebrow as he reads the menu, trying to pronounce the Italian words.

Throughout the entire night I can't help but feel an emptiness in my heart. Like something isn't full yet. And I know exactly what it is. 

I miss Emily.

I know she's right here, but she's not. She's a guy. Ethan. And yes, I love Ethan but I can't help this feeling in my gut that something isn't right. This isn't how it's supposed to be. Emily's birthday is next week but we are celebrating it as if it's Ethan's.

And not only do I miss Emily Fields, this version of her is acting...off.

Whenever I bring up a memory, he looks confused, as if he has no idea what I am talking about whatsoever, then covers it up, smiling and nodding and acting as if he knows it completely but...he doesn't. I can tell.

I've always been able to see right through Emily's eyes.

By the time dinner is over and we're on our way home I say goodnight to Emily and he smiles, "love you Al." He kisses me and then drives away, leaving me frowning.

"He called me Al."

My head shakes from side to side while I watch the car disappear, a worried expression etched onto my face as I bite my lip.

Something is definitely off here.

++++++++++++++++++

Soooo

Cute Channa?

But Hanna's dating Sean???

Alison's catching on, yeah?

What do you think will happen next?

What do you want to happen next?

Review and Comment!

~Stay Fearless~

Caleigh <13