Dinner & Facetime

(-Preston's POV-)

I guess this place isn't as bad as I thought it would be...a little weird, I guess, since I'm not used to living with other people. There isn't much to do though...I guess I'll just facetime Melanie.

"Hey babe." I spoke as her face showed up on the screen.

"Hey Preston. I've got good news." She replied.

"Really? What kind of news?" I asked.

"I finally got Nathaniel Malik to breakup with me." She smiled. I sat up a bit straight.

"Really? That's great, so that means we could finally together then?" I asked hopefully. Melanie and I have been Chemistry partners , and I've been pinning for her since I was paired up with her. She has beautiful raven hair, chinky chocolate eyes, very smart, quirky, and was kinda my bestfriend. We also have a bunch in common, like how she's adopted. I told her I had feelings for her when we were both over at her house, she had mutual feelings but she was with Nathan Malik.

"Yeah, but we should wait a few weeks or something, if I started dating you immediately, people would think I was cheating on Nathan or something, when really, I wasn't." She spoke. I nodded my head in understanding. We started talking about other things, I told her about me moving in with the Payne's for five months, she understood, and after a while she had to go since it was around dinner time.

"Alright, see you around!" She spoke.

"See ya!" I waved and she made a funny face at me, then ended the call. I sighed in happiness, then started getting hungry. Luckily, Uncle Liam called me down for dinner.

(❦Liam's POV❦)

"Lance! Preston! Niall! Dinner's ready!" I called. Sounds resembling a stampede grew closer and closer to the kitchen. Then Niall popped out out of nowhere from behind me.

"Food?" He tried to peer over my shoulder.

"Ah, ah, ahh. Sit your cute bum in a chair at the dinner table, I'll serve dinner once everyone's seated." I blocked his view, he pouted and I kissed his pouted lips. He smiled again, then went to sit at the table, waiting patiently like the good leprechaun he is. Not long after, Preston came down, and seated himself next to Niall.

"Where's Lance-alot?" Niall asked.

"Lance-alot?" Preston asked.

"Yeah, Lance-alot. That's been my nickname for Lance ever since he was...what? 8 months old?" Niall asked me. I nodded my head, smiling a bit that Niall still remembers that.

"Oh cool, my Dad Louis calls me Pressy." Preston spoke. Niall and I nodded our heads in acknowledgement and there was a brief awkward silence.

"Um...why don't you go and tell Lance that dinner's ready. He might be on his phone or something." I spoke. Preston nodded his head and walked out of the kitchen.

"Li-Li?" Niall spoke after we heard Prestons footsteps fade up the stairs.

"Yes, Nialler?" I asked.

"Since Lance and Preston are going to be seniors in two weeks, we should go camping or something to get to know each other and bond." Niall suggested. I thought for a while.

"Yeah, I think that would be a fun idea. We'll ask the boys about it once they come down." I replied. He nodded and I went to go and place the still freshly cooked dinner on the table.

❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

Idk how, but my social life is picking up it's used-to-be-nonexisting pace so this'll be quick. Luckily I had enough time to type up this chapter.

Anywho...

Asta la bye-bye!

~Evelyn❥