Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Freya's POV

A few hours earlier...

When Ronin and I arrived at the border a sadness overwhelmed my heart as I realised that I had to say goodbye.

"I guess this is it." I said as I looked at the path ahead.

"It is. Thank you Freya for everything. You are a great friend and I will always cherish our friendship and time together." Tears welled in my eyes at his words and all I could do was grab him in a hug.

We stood like that for a while before Ronin pulled away.

"Go on then. Return to your family." He said and I nodded. I gave him a last smile before I continued on my walk.

The walk home was long and I enjoyed the peace and tranquil feeling I felt when I walked through the forest. My energy buzzed within me and I felt right at home, but there was something missing...

After a few hours I finally arrived at the lavish fae castle. The guards that were posted outside immediately recognised me and ran to greet me.

"Princess Freya, you're back!" One exclaimed joyfully.

"Are you alright, princess?" Another asked.

"Yes I am. Can you please take me to my parents?"

"I can take you to your father, he is in a meeting with the elven duke. Your mother is unfortunately not here, she and the Echantress left this morning." He said.

I was quite dissapointed that my mother wasn't here but my anger at the duke quickly took over, he dare hold a meeting with my father after what he had done!

The guard noticed my face and immediately led me to my father. When we arrived at the door he quickly announced that I returned before I stepped inside.

My father, Javier and Rhid were all standing in a row in front of the door with my father in the middle. When I saw them tears formed in my eyes and I rushed to my father.

"Daddy!" I exclaimed as I hugged him.

His body was stiff and he did not return my hug. When I looked up into his eyes they looked lifeless. My brother and Rhid's eyes looked the same.

"Ah Freya finally you returned!" I heard duke Aerolf say as he and a dark cloaked figure stepped out of the shadows.

"What did you do to them?" I asked angrily.  

"Ah I just gave them something small, a potion of sorts, that lets me control them." He said with an evil grin that sent a chill down my back.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked as he walked closer to me.

"Because my dear Freya, I want you and I am a man who always gets what he wants." He said as he traced his thumb across my cheek, before I pulled away quickly. I looked away from him, but he suddenly took my chin between his forefinger and thumb and brought my face back to him. He looked into my eyes before he let my face go.

"So it's true." He said.

"What is?" I asked perplexed.

"You're in love." He stated and my confusion only grew, how did he know that I was in love?

"How did-"

"How did I know? Well you see Freya I have spies everywhere. But you see I can't have you in love." He said.

"Well there is no way you can change my feelings." I said.

"Yes, you're right I can't stop you from being in love, but I can turn that love into hate." He said with a smile.