Chapter 11

Ronin's POV

We were outside in the garden having a nice picnic and looking at the clouds. Freya started to point out different shaped clouds. I joined her game immediately and it reminded of when I was younger; my carefree years.

I saw a cloud that resembled a rose and I pointed it out to Freya. Then all of the sudden Freya started to shake as her eyes glazed over. I called out to her numerous times, but she didn't hear me as her body continued to tremble. Her eyes then closed and her body stopped its trembling.

I rushed to her side instantly as I tried to wake her, but it was all for not. I quickly scooped her into my arms before I rushed to the castle.

"Moira!" I screamed as soon as I entered the castle and rushed to Freya's room.

Moira met me halfway in the hall and as soon as her eyes landed on Freya she questioned me,"What happened?"

"I'll explain now, lets just get her to her bed first." Moira nods before walking to Freya's room with me.

I quickly placed Freya on her bed as gently as I could, careful not to scratch her. Moira feels her head and quickly pulls her hand back as soon as her hand makes contact with her head.

"She's burning up." Moira said.

"What can I do?" I asked frantically.

"Go get me some water with a cloth." She ordered and I dash out of the room. I rush to the kitchen and swiftly retrieve the items.

Once I'm back in Freya's room I hand Moira the items. Moira immediately gets to work as I stare at the unconscious Freya.

When she was finished and satisfied with her work she pulled me out of the room.

"Now explain." She ordered.

I gave her a sigh before I told her what happened. How I showed her the rose cloud and she started to shake before she fell unconscious.

"You showed her a rose before she started to shake?" Moira questioned.

"Yes, do you have any idea why?" I asked.

"No- oh of course." Moira said as she shouts out in joy as if she discovered a jewel.

"Of course what?"

"You must've triggered a memory. Oh Ronin this is wonderful news. Freya is getting her memories back!" Moira exclaimed. I know I was suppose to be happy, but if Freya got her memories back she would know who she is and where she comes from. That means she would leave to return home and I might never see her again.

"Why the long face?" Moira asked.

"Nothing. I just remembered I had to take care of something. Call me when she wakes." I said before I turned around and left.

I drifted through the halls of the castle as my mind raced. I felt sad. I felt mad and most of all I felt heart broken. If Freya has all her memories back she doesn't need to stay here anymore.

She will probably want to leave as soon as she wakes up. And that thought terrified me. I didn't want her to leave. I finally had a friend, someone who treats me as an equal. Someone who doesn't just see the cursed king but me.

I went to my secret room where I kept the enchanted rose. It had four petals left and I knew my time was almost up. As I stare at the rose the enchantress words rang in my ears:    "You have five year to find someone to say I love you or the curse will be permanent."

When Freya entered my castle I didn't get my hopes up for who could love beast?

I was suddenly pulled out of thoughts by Moira who threw open my door.