Chapter 8

Freya's POV

The next morning I was woken by Moira with breakfast in bed. I told her that it wasn't necessary, but she said that I would need all my energy for my day with the king.

When I was done with my meal she gave me a dress and shooed me off to the bathroom to get dressed. I hurriedly changed into my new dress because I didn't want to keep the king waiting. 

As I opened the bathroom door I saw that Moira left and took the tray with her. I quickly made myself more presentable, before I went to the west wing.

A few minutes later I stood outside the library door knocking.

"Come in." I heard the king say and I entered.

I found him the lounge area again with a stack of books on the table.

"Ah so you're finally here. Now let's not dilly dally any longer and get to work." The king said as he handed me the top book.

I took it from him and read the title 'The fae lands'.

"You want me to read a book on faeries?" I asked skeptically.

"Yes, you can't remember much about your past and I want to learn more about the dreadful creatures. So it is a win win." He said.

"Excuse me, but fae aren't dreadful creatures."

"Yes they are, especially if they are all as stubborn as you." He said. 

"Do you want my help or not?" I asked as I fumed over his words. Dreadful creatures! He called faeries dreadful creatures, how dare he!  Of all the creatures in this room he was the dreadful one.

"Yes unfortunately I do. So let's get started." He said and I huffed before I took a seat across from him and started to read to him.

-*-
After a few hours Moira came by to bring us lunch. I didn't even realise the time until she came inside with food. The food looked delicious and my mouth started to water. 

Moira saw my expression and chuckled,"You and your food."

I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to eat. She gave me a last look before she left.

When she was gone I focused my attention back on the king and noticed that he hasn't eaten a single bite.

"Aren't you hungry?" I asked him.

"I am, but I'm..."

"But you're?"

"I don't want to have an audience when I eat." He said.

"Well, how about this? I will read this book while I finish my own meal and I promise not to look."

"Promise?" He asked and I saw vulnerability in his eyes.

"Yes." I said before I opened a book and started to read while I finished my amazing meal. I couldn't understand why he didn't want me to see how he ate, but then I remembered he was a bear and with his paws he won't be able to eat with a fork and knife. And him being a king didn't help, because he must have learnt his whole life long how to eat with manners and now he couldn't. 

After a while he announced that he was done and that I should continue with the book I was busy with.

"King Mijal was completely shocked when he discovered-"

"No no no, you're saying it wrong. It is not Mijal it is Miguel. As in me-gall. Not my-gel." The king said as he interrupted my reading.

"No you pronounce it like my-gel not me-gall." I replied.