Chapter 6

Chapter 6

It's been a few days since my encounter with the kin and needless to say I still felt a strange pull towards him. Something about his presence felt familiar, like I've been around him before. But it was hard to tell, because I had no idea what he looked like.

Moira adviced me not to go near the West Wing, because it was solely the king's part of the castle. I was a bit saddened by that because I wanted to go to the library again, but I knew it was for the best not to go near that place again.

I tried to pry more information of the curse out of Moira, but she just said what she always said, 'it was his story' and I left it there.

I also told her about my powers I've discovered and she told me everything she knew about fae. Fae only had two to three powers and I already discovered two of mine. She said it was unlikely to have a third power, but I should always remember that it was a possibility.

Atleast my powers made me more optimistic than my memories. I still had no answers for my questions. Moira said that my memories might be triggered by an event, but that event still had to come.

While I waited for my memories to return I helped around the castle as usual. The servants have somehow became the family I lost. They treated me kindly, more kindly than their grumpy king.

I spent most of my days with the cook, Ms. White. She taught me how to prepare a few meals and I enjoyed it to work with her. She showed me many things and I must say her food was beyond delicious.

I saw myself as lucky because I was treated very generously even though they didn't need to. They treated me like a guest. And though the king wasn't a big fluffy teddy bear he was still kind enough to let me stay here until my memories returned.

I was currently helping cook to clean the kitchen after our baking for the day. When we were done I was beyond tired and quickly bid them all goodnight before I left for my room.

I quickly dressed in my night wear before I dove into my soft bed. A relaxed sigh escaped my lips as I wiggled myself into a comfortable position. The soft mattress and pillow helped me relax and before long I was pulled into dreamland.

-*-
A thunderous roar startled me awake and I nearly fell out of my bed. Then I heard a big commotion coming from downstairs. I quickly grabbed a robe that was in the closest before I rushed to see what was going on.

Just as I exited my room I heard Moira's voice and just then I was thankful for my super hearing abilities.

"Sire, please stay still, you're losing a lot of blood." I heard her say and a gasp escaped my lips. The king was in trouble.

I rushed my steps as I took two steps at a time. It was only now that I realised how many steps there actually were.

"I don't care, just leave me to die. Death can't be more dreadful than this curse." I heard the king roar in response.

When I finally got downstairs I noticed that the servants were standing around something, probably the king, blocking my view.

"Moira?" I asked and the woman immediately turned around and watched me with fearful eyes.

"Freya what are you doing down here? You should be sleeping." She said.

"I heard some ruckus and came to see what is going on." I said as I tried to get a peak of what is behind her, but she quickly moved infront of me, blocking me from getting a peak.

"Nothing we can't handle. Now go back to bed." She said with a tight lip smile. Just then another painful roar echoed through the castle. 

"It doesn't sound like you've got everything handled. Let me help." I said.