Dear No One, Drive Ins Are Making A Comback

Start from the beginning

Relief washed over me once I was outside. A small part of me trying to shake off the creepy message. It had made me feel as if I were trapped inside my small room.

"Hey, Kaser, where you headed?" Cain leaned over the short fence that separated our yard, his thin, curved eyebrows shooting up to his hairline.

"Date." I waved the mace in my hand, offering a small smile with it.

"No way, you're already throwing yourself back out on to the Black Market?" He feigned surprise. I rolled my eyes as I passed, feeling his presence on the other side of the gate as I made my way toward the small door at the end of it.

"Who's the poor soul that has to date you?" he taunted, sounding strangely like my brother for a second.

"Eric Bennett." I responded, "But you probably don't know who he is since you spend most your time in your room praying that I'll come banging at your door begging to be your girlfriend." He winked once I finished, chuckling.

"You know it." I nudged him as I locked the gate again, now face to face with all six foot plus of him.

"You should seriously get a girlfriend, Cain. I always see you sitting out here alone." I said with a tight smile.

I wasn't comfortable around a lot of people, Steph being one of the very few other than my family. But Cain had always been like a brother in a way, always in and out of my life. He was probably the only guy besides my brother that I actually felt comfortable around.

"I'm a Lone Ranger, Kasey." He laughed without emotion, "You better get going before your parents catch you sneaking out the back." I nodded and started to jog up the path beside my house, waving over my shoulder with a lopsided grin.

I found Eric's black Porsche parked in Kevin's spot in the driveway, his fingers tapping the hood of his car as he stared at my front door for any sign of me coming out of it.

"Waiting for someone, Jock?" I craned my neck to check my front door, "Maybe she stood you up or something." He blinked a few times, as if he were making sure I was really in front of him and not a figment of his imagination.

"Dunno, Speedy. I think she's just playing hard to get if you ask me." I actually cracked a smile as he walked around the sleek sports car and opened the passenger door for me.

"Thanks." I ducked into the car, setting my purse on my lap as I pulled my seatbelt on.

My eyes fell on Cain leaning against his fence, his Pit Bull Roe's tail slapping against the back of his leg. He must have somehow realized I was staring, because he whistled loudly, startling Eric and Roe both, and flipped Eric off before turning his back to us and stalking toward his house.

"What the hell was that about?" Eric muttered, sliding into the car. I was too busy rolling over and laughing to respond to him.

"What?" Eric still looked confused. I shook my head, trying to catch my breath again.

"Nothing." I finally choked out, my cheeks flushed. He shook his head and pulled out of the driveway, keeping his eyes on the road as he reached over to turn up a really crappy pop song I couldn't remember the name of.

"Hope you're okay with The Breakfast Club and Dirty Dancing. They're playing back to back." My head whipped in his direction.

"Are you kidding? Those are my favorite movies!" He snorted.

"Thanks for the sarcasm, Speedy."

"No, I'm serious. I love them." I gave him a look, hoping he'd believe me. He nodded, a cocky look on his face.

"I knew that." He mumbled. I smiled, shaking my head.

"Sure you did." I laid my head against the cold window, my eyes trying to make out the objects as they blurred passed in the window.

"I checked out your blog." I nearly banged my head against the window at his words, my mouth falling open.

"What?" I blurted. Why the hell would Eric check out my blog?

"It's cool, what you do. Help them out and everything. And it helped that I was a guest star in a few of your videos." I gasped, feeling blush rushing to my cheeks.

"Oh God." He reached over and laid a hand on my shoulder, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Don't worry, Kasey. You're secret is safe with me."  

***AN***

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24