Chapter 27

Chapter 27

New chapter up so soon because I was feeling the creative juices. The support and love that I got from my last chapter legitimately made me so unbelievably happy.

I love you all so so much, you don't even understand how much each vote and comment and read actually means to me.

So thank you, a lot.

XOXOXO

-Jor

"I'm a werewolf," he began, and I snorted.

"No fucking duh, asshole, I could clearly see that when you fucking shifted into a gosh-damned wolf before my eyes!"

The muscle in his jaw ticked and I snapped my mouth shut, glaring at him when he said, "shut the fuck up and listen to me, dammit."

"I'm a werewolf. My whole family is filled with werewolves," his hands shifted to rest in his lap, no longer so tense.

"We moved to Georgia from the West because we were being hunted for our fur. Since then, we have established ourselves quite contentedly in Savannah.

"Recently," he cursed, looking up toward the ceiling, "recently we have had, umm, some very very large complications, among them, rouge werewolves teaming with hunters that are attempting to break apart the Werewolf Union."

A giggle erupted from my throat, "the Werewolf Union?"

Ev looked pointedly into my eyes and said, "yes. It's a large, almost government, that is comprised of the several packs, our pack being called the Midnight Indigos."

I interrupted him, "Why that name?"

He grinned at me, "Our pack reaches its full strength at Midnight, on the new moon, and our symbol is the indigo because it is the plant that only our pack can ingest without dying from its poison."

"So what would happen if I ate it?" I asked, curiously.

"You would die, unless," Evan dashingly smiled at me, "we mate. If we mate, then you have some werewolf capabilities, and it will only make you sick. It would not kill you."

Feeling the heat of his gaze, I averted my eyes, focusing on the patterned comforter, asking, "What does mate mean? Is that like a term of endearment or something?"

Evan scooted closer to me, tipping my chin up to look at him, "A mating bond is a blessed bond forged when every werewolf is born. Immediately after a wolf is born, he or she is blessed by being forced to eat the poison of the pack, in our case Indigo, while being simultaneously dipped into still, blessed forest water."

"What makes the forest water blessed?"

"The moon has shined upon the water for an entire moon cycle without being disrupted by any wildlife or plant life other than the wolves of that pack. If the blessed water is disrupted, havoc befalls that pack until another entire moon cycle has passed."

I analyzed the panes of his face, noting the bagged under eyes and the stressed lines etched all over.

"So, when you were born, the moon blessed you with a mating bond? How does it know who to choose, who to form the bond with? How do you know when you found your mate?"

His chest rumbled in a laugh, and I became caught up in that timbre as if it were my own personal symphony.

"After I was dipped in the blessed water, a ray of moonlight was cast upon me and my portion of the bond was formed. When the moon shined upon my perfect match, my mate, the bond was complete. That mate, happens to be you.