The News ~

Jocelyn P.O.V 

"Luke why is it that Clary has to get married? To Jace specifically, like I mean, I get it because there both half angel and stuff but why does it have to be Clary?" I asked my voice sounding desperate.

"Well, because myself and Mayrse are the only ones in the clave that have kids, I know Clary isn't actually mine but I treat like she is mine and I love her as if she was my own, now it came to Alec first but we need them to have kids you know so they can hand down the job to generation and stuff and you know Alec and Magnus are together and I'm not going to break them up all because of this job" 

"But can't they just adopt?" 

"No, because the clave decided also that it has to be in the childs genes for the job to be handed down, also they both have to be shadow hunters. Then it came to Isabelle, Mayrse said absolutley not she loves her daughter but, she doesn't think Isabelle can handle all the pressure and because she also thinks Isabelle won't take it seriously and also she and Simon are madly in love. Simons a down worlder so shes off the list. Then we were left with Jace and Clary. At first we were a bit anxious about this choice, thinking that Valentine would have affected him but, Mayrse convinced us that it would be a great idea because there both half angel so it would make the clave a lot stronger as well as Jace is still in love with her. With them and the abilitys, the clave would be stronger than ever" 

"Luke, you do realize that this is a shadow hunter wedding were talking about, so theres like no divorcing so once Clary marrys Jace there will be no steping out, she would be stuck with him for the rest of her life. I'm not sure she still feels that way for him any more, not after what happened. But then again Jace didn't technically cheat on her, he was controlled. But I guess that we don't really have a choice." 

"I know Jocelyn, I'm feeling the exact same way, like I mean I know he didn't actually cheat on her but what if he gets sick of her and cheats on her for real. They're married so she can't divorce him, but I know Jace a lot better than you think Jocelyn. That night when Clary caught Jace  'cheating' on her, that exact night he came to me and asked for my permission to have Clarys hand in marriage seeing I'm like her father, of course I said yes, so on that night he was going to propse to her but he didn't get the chance seeing he got sort of possesed. When we left Mayrse, Alec and Isabelle begged me to try and get us to move back to New York, because of how Jace was acting. Jace didn't eat for like three days straight, he wouldnt come out of his room, he wouldn't stop crying, he just couldn't get over her. Isabelle tryed to get him hooked up with some keen girls, but Jace would just look at them and start crying again...sobbing Clary's name, but I have faith in Jace so I think we should just give him a chance" 

"You're right Luke, I'm over reacting, Jace is going to estatic when he finds out, so I guess we have to go back and break the news ha" I said smiling, he smiled and we pulled into a hug "It will work out Jocelyn I promise" he whispered in my ear. "Well then you better start packing because we are leaving right now, I'll try and by some more time from the clave and then I'll ring home and tell them were coming back" he smiled and then let go as he walked out of the hall "I'll be back, wait here okay" I nodded. I didn't realize everyone in the hall stopped and had listened to the whole conversation. "Well now that you know everything, I need more time, three weeks isn't enough time" 
I said looking at everyone. Mayrse was the one to break the silence "Jocelyn, I know you're worried so am I, look if Jace's breaks her heart when they're married he better start running, because by the time you get there he would be just smushed. Isabelle, Maia, Simon, Alec, Magnus and Jordan would have probably turned him into dust" she smiled "Thanks Mayrse but I defintely need more time" 

"Would, six weeks be okay?" 

"Perfect thank you" 

"Are we ready to go?" Luke said

"We sure are, let me just call Clary and tell her were coming" I smiled and grabbed my phone and dialed Clarys' number. 

"Hello? Mum?" she said.

C.P.O.V 

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, Mum, it said on the screen. "Hello? Mum?" I said, I was in the lounge we were watching a movie, Grown ups, when my phone rang.

We paused the movie and everyone turned to me when I said mum. "Clary, change of plans, me and Luke are coming back now. I know I said, not later or not sooner but we need to do this quickly" I was confused "Okay are you coming back now?" I asked, everyone was staring at me with confusion "Yes where on our way now" and with that she hung up "They're coming back now, tonight, her and Luke, change of plans" I said before anyone could ask.

"We should tidy up a bit, I know she was only gone for one day but still its a bit messy" Kyle said "Cool, okay me and Sophie will take upstairs, you guys clean up down okay" I said they all nodded and we set off to work.