Chapter 6- Bad Rising

[Damien POV]

"I cannot do this."

I told Ethan.

We stood at the side of an unliving and motionless man. His skin was still soft & had not yet decayed. He was as Ethan said "freshly dead"

Ethan sighed.

"Damien. You have to drink blood; otherwise your true form will show, until you eventually die from hunger."

I inhaled a deep breath and exhaled.

"How do I start?"

I asked nervously.

Ethan shook his head. In a mere second he had the guys arm in his hand. He brought it up to his mouth and sunk his teeth into the wrist.

"Oh my god!" I whisper shouted.

I watched as Ethan slurped the blood escaping from the puncture wound. He detached his teeth from the man, and licked the blood from around his mouth. He brought the the mans arm to my face.

"Your turn."

I opened my mouth to protest, but within a second Ethan shoved the mans wrist in my mouth.

The metallic taste of blood grazed my tounge, and my fangs reacted automatically. They sunk into the vessel of the wrist and I slurped hard.

I felt my adrenaline pumping violently. Everything inside me was so refreshed. I could hear better and see more clearly. I felt reborn.

I felt my fangs retract in my mouth , once I had enough. I dropped the mans wrist; and turned to Ethan.

"Wasn't so bad, now was it?"

He removed my sunglasses and stared at me intently before reaching into his pocket and pulling out what looked too be an ancient ring.

Ethan grabbed hand and gently slid the ring on my finger.

"Never take this off outside, during the daytime."

A small smile played against my lips as i nodded.

-------

I lied awake in bed; it was reaching the peak of midnight. The moon was shining brightly.

I feel so alive. I've never felt this good ever in my life. Its like i can do anything.

Ethan said that as long as I fed on blood, I could stay in human form.

Sounds reasonable.

But something isn't right here. I have a feeling that things are about to change. Maybe its just anxiety. Everything just seems too steady right now.

I just wonder what's going to happen next.

------

[Ethan POV]

I don't know what to do.

I feel like im lying to him, without me even saying anything. He deserves too know. It puts his life in danger.

Then again, am I helping him by not telling him? As far as I know he hasn't been attacked yet. What are they waiting on?

Hunters.

They are powerful humans that have hunted every type of mythical beings for years. That goes from witches, to were-wolfs, to us vampires.

They are cruel and unusual. They capture our kind and they torture them; Lock them up and do anything from beat to rape them. Its awful.

The hunters know that there's a new vampire now. They're just waiting for the right time to strike.

And I must prepare Damien, so that we are ready.