Chapter 1- Metamorphisis

[Damien POV]

I jolted out from my seemingly deep sleep; sweat causing my hair to stick to my forehead. My chest rose rapidly and fell at the same pace.

I removed the bundle of covers from on top of me and sat up ,lifting my aching head from the comfort of my bed. Looking around cautiously , I gasped at the sight below me.

My pillow was stained with blood.

I quickly ran to my bathroom, looking in the mirror.

My skin was very pale; and dried up lines of blood, running down from my neck to my collar bone.

I turned on the shower and quickly stripped.

The hot water droplets made me hiss with pleasure. I grabbed the soap and scrubbed away all the blood and sweat.

---------

I headed downstairs fully dressed and ready for school.

I live with my mom and brother Troye. He was 19 years old, 3 years older than me. He was getting ready to go off to college.

My mom is a Therapist and works early mornings, late nights, even weekends. I barely see her and we live together.

Everyone had already left as usual, so I was here alone; waiting for my best friend Ellie to arrive, for school.

I quickly made a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee.

Not too long after I finished breakfast, I got a text from Ellie saying she was pulling up.

I grabbed my bag and with a final sigh; walked outside, closing and locking my door.

-----

We pulled up to the school and took our time getting out. We were in no rush too walk in, Especially not me.

"Damien,You alright?"

I heard Ellie ask.

I turned to look at her, seeing a very concerned face. I smiled.

"Yea, fine. Why do you ask?"

Ell shrugged.

"You look...white."

I chuckled lightly.

"That is my race."

Ellie scowled at me.

"No. I mean..pale. And your eyes..they're bloodshot."

I looked away from her gaze.

"Im fine."

"Are you sure. You can tell me anything. We're best friends."

she said.

"I know Ell, Its nothing. Im fine."

I smiled, exposing my left dimple.

Of course, I really wasn't fine.

Ever since that night Ive been feeling really strange. That guy, the one that..bit me. He's been in my dreams , the same reoccurring one , replaying that night. Ive feel these weird desires and urges. In a way, I feel empty inside. Like somethings missing.

Im constantly weak, bleeding, and im ALWAYS hungry; no matter how much I eat. And not to mention, my teeth are killing me. I don't remember everything from that night. I don't even know how I got home.

What I do know, is that something inside me is changing.

And I intend to find out.