Chap. 11: Confessions Made

Ink's POV:

You could clearly see that Nightmare cared dearly for (Y/n) simply by how he would actually show his emotions with her around when he would normally keep them in his metaphorical bubble. It was actually rather soothing to see them in each other's company, their affection and adoration of each other quite obvious. The sight brought a small smile to both Dream's and my own face.

It brought into reality of my mistake, and how much I owed the two of them an apology. I approached quietly but in a way that Nightmare would notice so that I didn't seem threatening to them. I guess that the guilt that was present in my stature was enough to catch everyone's attention to the point that things went silent fast. (Y/n) caught up to the aura in the atmosphere and hesitantly turned to look at me, clinging just slightly tighter to Nightmare in suspicion of my actions.

I sighed and took a seat on the ground at a safe distance from the two and took a deep breath. "I understand that you're suspicious of my actions, and I don't blame you. I simply wanted to get it out now that I am sorry for jumping to action without real consideration of your situation. It was wrong of me. I'm not even asking for forgiveness, simply some consideration of accepting my apology." I finished, my gaze directed towards the endless floor in shame and regret.

(Y/n) seemed to relax and her eyes turned silver in color, reflecting her forgiving expression. "I understand, I'm sure that you had your reasons for taking me to this place. In fact, I can tell that you weren't involved with those strangers that had attacked and tortured me. So I forgive you." she replied with a soft smile on her face. My eye-sockets widened in shock. I didn't think that she would forgive me that easily, though I know for sure that it's going to be much harder than that to earn Nightmare's. I smiled back to her and got up, walking over to stand by Error.

Nightmare's POV:

I can't believe that she is just letting Ink get away with what he did to her. He's the very reason that She even got the chance to get ahold of her to do... whatever that b*$@# did to her. I huffed as Ink retreated to Error's side, Cross soon approaching in return. He seemed to be relieved that (Y/n) was okay, but that's understandable considering that they're siblings, adoptive or not.

"It's good to see you awake, how are you feeling (Y/n)?" I felt her shift in my arms so that she could look at Cross.

"I have a migraine to the extent that it feels like someone is repeatedly hitting my head with the forging hammer and a massive ache everywhere else, but other than that, I'm fine." she replied, her eyes turning purple as she smiles fondly at him.

We both cringe at her description, making her giggle in response. The sound of her light chuckle sent a pleasant thrum from my soul, making me smile and drape my arms around her waist as I nuzzle into her shoulder.

(Y/n)'s POV:

Nightmare wrapped his arms around my own arms and stomach, tucking his face into the junction between my shoulder and neck. His low rumbling purr was sending shivers along my spine as a pressure in my chest seemed to push in his direction.

I sighed in contentment, my body automatically leaning into his warm embrace. The pressure in my chest thrummed and grew all the warmer at his every touch. My eyes flutter closed as one of his hands starts to comb through my hair, his other hand's fingers intertwined with mine while he kept purring.

 My eyes flutter closed as one of his hands starts to comb through my hair, his other hand's fingers intertwined with mine while he kept purring

"Nightmare and (Y/n) sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G-..."

The abrupt sing-song words cut through the atmosphere like a knife, catching everyone's attention, a few aww's ringing out afterwards. Nightmare's purring instantly came to a stop, switching straight to an aggravated growl. I groaned in embarrassment as I covered my burning, blush covered face, with my hands. I heard Murder Sans snicker as Killer was complaining that he had ruined the moment, having wanted to watch the 'scene' play-through while Chara was screeching about, well, the same thing. I heard Cross chuckle and pipe up, his voice reaching me above all the background noise.

"I think that we should head on back to Nightmare's now. 'Hit the hay' as they would say and put an end to this chaotic day, how's about you?"

I uncovered my face to see that Cross had his hand outstretched to help me to my feet. I let out an exasperated laugh as I take his hand.

"You know, that is the by far, the best idea that I've heard all day. Let's go shall we?" I asked, making sure that Nightmare would hear it as well.

Nightmare's gaze flicked to my face and he sighed. "I agree. Murder, Killer, Horror; let's go."

Nightmare's POV:

We had walked through the portal and back to my castle, the Star Sans' didn't even bother trying to stop us after Error said goodbye to Ink. We all started to head our separate ways but I had stopped (Y/n) before she could get anywhere, Cross stopping in his tracks as well. She had quietly turned towards me and asked me if there was something that I needed.

"It's not necessarily that I need something from you, more specifically, I need to tell you something. It's... Important that you know." Her head tilted to the side slightly but she nodded. The three of us started to walk down the hall, heading to my room so that we wouldn't be interrupted till she suddenly stopped. I turned to look at her and she spoke her concerns.

"If it's important, should my brother be tagging along as well? Or is that alright?"

"Oh Cross? He already knows what I'm going to inform you. Would you rather that he leave?" I asked in return.

"Oh! No no! It's not a problem what-so-ever! In fact, I'd rather that he be with us." I nodded and continued to lead us down the hall to my room. Once we reached the doors, I took a deep breath and sighed, mentally preparing myself for what I was about to tell (Y/n). The fact that we're soulmates.

The three of us filed into my room and I closed the door behind us. (Y/n) went and sat on my bed, Cross standing next to her.

"Alright, I'm not sure how to start this," I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck. "Have you ever heard of the term 'soulmates'?" 'Nice start genious, way to be vague' I internally scolded myself.

She hummed in thought, bringing her hand to her lips as she contemplated her answer. "That's when there are two people who are somewhat destined to be together in a relationship, isn't it? But it's just a fairy tale... Wait is it an actual thing!" I nodded.

"It is...... How do you suppose that one would find their soul mate?" Again she hummed in thought.

"I'm......... not entirely sure. Maybe there would be some sort of sensation in the chest, where the soul resides. Anyways, what brought up this strange topic all of a sudden...... wait... YOU FOUND YOUR SOULMATE!! I'm so happy for you Nightmare! Who's the lucky number one? If you don't mind me asking that is."

I paused. Even though she was smiling broadly, there was a slightly disappointed look in her eyes and I swore that her voice slightly shook as she spoke. I couldn't find my voice, I didn't even know what to say. I couldn't even find it in myself to even look her in the eyes.

"Ehem!" Cross cleared his throat and gave me a small glare, nodding his head towards (Y/n).

(Y/n) looked at me curiously, growing more concerned. "Nightmare, if you need more time-"

"You're my soulmate (Y/n)." I didn't even give her the chance to finish her thought. Her eyes widened in shock as the room was consumed by silence.

Cross' POV:

The silence, I could've sworn, would be able to consume even the loudest of sounds as it surrounded the three of us. The moment that (Y/n) stood up, everyone's eyes were on her.

"I have to go." she mumbled. I'm sure anyone could've seen the utter wounded expression on Nightmare's face at her emotionless tone, his gaze dropping to the floor. "I just need time to think." Nightmare could only nod as (Y/n) left the room. Only a few minutes past when Nightmare finally broke down into heavy sobs, dropping to his knees and holding his face in his hands.

(PS. I made the drawing.)