Chap. 2: Midnight Visit

When I opened my eyes, I saw that I was in the nurse's office as the saturated white of the walls stung my unprepared eyes. As my eyes began to focus on it's surroundings, I saw that I wasn't the only one that was unconscious: the jocks from earlier were in the beds around me, all of them had yet to stir. I quietly crawl out of the, probably over sanitized bed and grabbed my stuff to leave, jerking to a stop as I heard a sudden scream. I whip my head around to see who it was and saw that it was none other than Jacob himself, staring at me with a horrified expression. As I scanned my reflection in the mirror by the door, I didn't see anything different from how I normally looked that would terrify him. That is, till I saw a slight movement from behind me.

It was my shadow.

My shadow, for a split second, had those tentacles from when I was attacked by the jocks. But, just as quickly as they appeared, they vanished, and my shadow was back to normal.

Having been thoroughly freaked out enough for one day, I rushed home and made sure that I locked the door behind me before I threw my backpack onto the couch. After making a quick trip to my garage to close my blacksmithing shop(that's your job/hobbie by the way), I quickly went to my fridge to grab a glass of milk in order to calm my nerves. When I finally relaxed enough to watch some TV, my massive Maine coon, Shiva, came walking up and rubbed against my legs. I smiled at her needy antics and decided to give into her demands of attention, pulling her up onto my lap.

"You know, you're quite demanding for a cat who likes to do her own thing." I remarked, my only response being a deafening purr rumbling from her throat. I sigh and pet her grey fur as she purrs ever louder, eventually taking my attention away from what happened earlier and eventually putting me to sleep, completely unaware that I was being watched.

... ... ... ... ... ...

????????? POV:

I watched as the human slept with her cat, completely oblivious to me watching from afar. I don't understand why, but just seeing her there sleeping soundly sends small reverberations to my soul, making it hum in satisfaction. It confuses me as to why she seems to have that effect on my dark soul but I don't question it too much for it is a pleasant feeling. Whatever the reason for my soul's strange actions, it matters not. Though, if I am to have Error destroy this pointless world, I must get her out first. I left back to my dimension after placing a blanket over her sleeping form, to prepare a room for her when the need arises.

... ... ... ... ... ...

(Y/n) POV:

Within the following week after that strange event, the jocks wouldn't come within a few meters of me if they could help it. In fact, they haven't bullied anyone else since. I guess whatever may have happened while I was unconscious had 'finally' taught them a lesson. But then again, everyone started to avoid me when they saw that the jocks wouldn't come near me. I mean, not even my fellow 'nerd' friends would come near me; they would just give me a fearful look and walk away.

I was okay with it on the first day for a bit because I wanted a little space for a while, but come around lunch, it got really lonely and when I tried to sit with my friends they just told, no begged, that I not hurt them. Feeling betrayed and hurt, I decided to go back to the old lunch spot that I had from the beginning of the year, on top of the roof, to eat my lunch. As I sat there with my empty lunch box making weapon designs, I couldn't help but feel as though I was being stalked. When I decided to ignore it as it continued throughout the week, I didn't realize that that same presence would come back and show it's face later one night.

... ... ... ... ... ...

I woke to the feeling of being watched, for the sixth night in a row and was finally sick of it.

"That's it." I huffed. "Alright! Whoever is stalking me, STOP! I've had enough of always feeling like I'm being watched everywhere I go. At least show yourself!"

And just as I'm starting to think of how stupid I may have looked, I heard a dark chuckle ring out from in the corner of my room. "Alright, I guess I could present myself to you."

Just as that was said, that same mysterious eye from that incident appeared in the corner of my room. I backed into the opposite corner on my bed, watching as the shadow bulged and separated from the wall to make a undefined figure. It slowly retained it's shape as it appeared to be some sort of skeleton covered in a black tar like substance, four tentacles sported on his back.

"Who are you? Why have you been following me everywhere?" you asked as he slowly started to walk closer to where you were in the opposite corner of the room.

"I am the King of Nightmares, but you can call me Nightmare. As for your other question, well, I found you interesting, that's why." Nightmare remarked, slightly snickering as Shiva hissed at him, protectively sitting in your lap. "I haven't the slightest clue as to why, but I can't seem to get any access to your part of the dreamscape. I was thinking to offer you a chance to continue living before your, otherwise worthless, dimension is destroyed."

He lifted his hand for you to shake, waiting patiently for your answer. You thought back to the last couple of days and thought, 'Well, I don't necessarily have any reason to stay considering everyone is afraid of me.' then it occurred to you. "Would it be alright if maybe I bring Shiva with me?" you asked, holding your cat securely to your chest.

Nightmare seemed to hesitate for just a moment before he replied with a mumbled, "I don't see why not, if you really want to." And with that, Nightmare wrapped one of his tentacles around your waist and everything turned white.