Chap. 1: Dark Thoughts and a Mysterious Shadow

(The reader is a girl by the way)

(Y/n)'s POV:

It was an average day at school for me, but being the favorite nerd for the jocks to pick on, it wasn't what I would consider pleasant.

Like in most of the comics that I've read in my lifetime, I couldn't necessarily run from them considering they wouldn't stop hunting me down till I got my daily lesson for my bad habit of interfering. For me, knowing how harsh the jocks could be since elementary school, I couldn't help but try to protect the others that were their targets(yes, I know, what a glutton for punishment).

Though one day, as I let my thoughts wander while waiting for class to start, I asked myself, 'What would it be like to be stronger than them for once? What would it be like to make them stop their torture, to make them stop everything that they do to the less athletic? If they got the chance to feel what it's like... to be brought to the brink of tears and to have to bow on their knees like they've forced so many others to do in the past? Have them fear me... TO HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL?' I suddenly realized where my thoughts were leading and shook them aside as the bell to start class rang.

(time skip to packing your stuff from your locker to take home, brought to you by a lazy Author who doesn't know what to write for in between that time stretch)

As I swung my backpack onto my shoulders, I saw that it was time for my 'lesson' as Jacob and the other jocks started to corner me to my locker.

"Sup, Nerd!" Jacob remarked, pulling my ponytail to make me look at him. I scoffed at his tactick.

"So, what'll it be this time, huh? In the locker again, or is it going to be the toilet this time around?" I spat. I don't know why, but I felt snarky. As though it was Jacob that was out matched and cornered.

At first Jacob seemed confused by my sudden confidence, but it didn't take him long to snap out of his stupor and to burst out laughing. "Ooooh, you're so cocky all of a sudden. What, do you have 'back up' or something? Well, you're going to need it, cause that kind of attitude is going to cost you. Big time!"

Before I had time to prepare myself, he swung and nailed me right in the gut, causing me to drop to my knees. As I wheezed to regain the air I had lost, one of his friends grabbed me by the throat hard enough that it didn't take long for my vision to start going black.

Though, before I completely succumbed to the sweet call of unconsciousness, Isaw that Jacob's shadow started to stretch upwards. Black, inky tentacles shot up from the bulge and struck the jocks down as some screamed bloody murder. The last thing I saw was a brightly glowing, cerulean blue eye looking back at me.

.

.

.

(Welp, I hope that you enjoyed the first chapter and feel free to let me know what you think if you have something positive to say. Respective criticism is alright as well.)